1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Rogers suspended.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NJRockFan, Feb 13, 2002.

1. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Pacers suspend Rogers
    Feb. 13, 2002. 01:35 AM
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana Pacers forward Carlos Rogers was placed on the suspended list yesterday after not returning from the all-star break.

Coach Isiah Thomas said Rogers' absence was unexcused.

"I haven't had a chance to speak with Carlos, but I've been told by his agent he won't be returning for family reasons," Pacers president Donnie Walsh said in a written statement. Walsh said he was placing Rogers on the suspended list until he could contact Rogers, who had not personally informed the Pacers of his intentions.

Rogers, who played for the Toronto Raptors from 1995 until traded to Portland in February 1998, had played mainly as a backup since signing with the Pacers as a free agent last fall.

"He's got some type of family matter that I guess is very pressing," Thomas said before the game. "I haven't spoken with him. I'm trying to find out the details about what happened and what's going on."

2. Band Geek Mobster

Man Los always has family problems, that must really suck...

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Maybe he was stoned........