1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos on Ch 2...set your VCR

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Old School

Old School Member

I saw a commercial for Dateline Houston, channel 2's version of NBC's Dateline. The Rocket's Carlos Rogers will be featured. Looks like it is going to be an interesting piece on his childhood. Any of you who have read about it before know how much he has overcome so it should be worth watching.

I think it airs at 7pm...this Friday for sure.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

[This message has been edited by Old School (edited March 20, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Old School (edited March 20, 2001).]

2. Old School

Old School Member

Just a reminder. The show airs tonight 7pm - 8pm. I won't be home so my vcr is set and ready to roll.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

This has to be the first Rocket the news talks about besides Cuttino/Steve LOL [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

4. Old School

Old School Member

Yeah...time for a change!

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

5. Old School

Old School Member

Wow...great piece...Carlos talked about the beatings his dad gave him as a child. Also talked about his high school coach and how he never got to thank him before he died.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

6. pooh222

pooh222 Member

I watched the piece as well. It was a moving story of what he had to go through to get to where he is today. He's definitly one of the good guys in the league and it was good that they had a feature on him.

------------------

7. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Didn't Carlos give up a kidney for his sister, or something like that?

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    PowerbizOnline.com

8. Old School

Old School Member

I think he was going to but was either not a match or she died first. It was when he was with the Raptors.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Carlos seems to be an ALL Star as a human being. He brought like 50 kids Christmas presents last year at the Star of Hope.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.