1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos asthma? Not so fast...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wong, Nov 19, 2000.

1. wong

wong Member

He should be frustrated because Bullard is playing and he isn't. In the time that he's played, Carlos has shown great hustle and desire on both ends of the floor. He grabs boards and gets a lot of putbacks, plus he plays decent defense. What do the Rockets need most? Rebounding. What does Carlos give? Rebounding. What does Matt Bullard give? Offense that is limited to three-point shooting with an occasional step inside the line two.

------------------

2. Oatdog

Oatdog Member

Just like I said in the thread I started a while back, there should be a lot of teams out there who could give him some minutes before he's a free agent. He's not a huge, huge drop off from Joe Smith. Look how big the demand was for that guy. If that's the route chosen to be pursued, I guess the trick would be to get a pick for him as opposed to another roster space. There aren't many teams I can think of that could do that - could Miami with their exception?

------------------

3. Old School

Old School Member

The Chronicle reported this morning that Carlos Rogers did not show up last night because of an asthma attack. There are some saying it was more like "benchitis". Rogers hasn't been to happy with his extreme lack of playing time and his no show last night was related to that.

Personally, if he's not going to get the time I'd like to see him traded to a team where he could be more of a role player. I think he has plenty of game left in him but it's obvious he no longer fits in the Rockets rotation.

Stay tuned...it could get interesting.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

4. Old School

Old School Member

From today's Chronicle:

"I'm not a fast-running type of guy. I don't get a lot of rebounds. I don't play a lot of defense. I just run from 3-point line to 3-point line. But I'll keep doing it as long as I can." Matt Bullard

You gotta give the guy props for telling it like it is. Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Old School -- thanks for passing along this info. Let me ask ... where have you been hearing that the "asthma attack" might just be a cover? Seems to make sense .... drop me a line if necessary.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Does anybody notice anything wrong with this picture...first its Shandon that's in the doghouse, now Los. These are two good players that can be very effective if given the chance to play. So whose gonna be next? Y are two good players not given the time of day while other players who arent as good or arent proven to be that reliable play?

------------------

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The asthma attack seems like a justifiable excuse for not playing, but I have barely seen Los play, if at all...y?

------------------

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Hmmmm, so what are you REALLY saying?

[​IMG]

------------------
    Only in America....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

9. Old School

Old School Member

I think Shandon has brought some of it on himself. he's had the ball enough to create. Many times he just passes up the opportunity when it arises. There's nothing wrong with a player who likes to pass the ball but not when they have an open look.

Clutch: I can't really say right now but I may have more later this week. I think if the Chron would have done any digging at all they would have found something. I'm starting to think some of Carlos' problem may have been when he opened his mouth and said how he would like to play in Detroit. I'm sure the Rockets would prefer players who want to stay and play in Houston.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!