1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[caranddriver]Matthew McConaughey Ads Deliver Huge Sales Bump for Lincoln

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Nov 4, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://blog.caranddriver.com/matthew-mcconaughey-ads-deliver-huge-sales-bump-for-lincoln/

[​IMG]

2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

They didn't buy a Lincoln because it was cool, or because anybody paid them to drive them.

They just like them.

3. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TAD7Gz2f3Hs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's funny, cus everyone has been going at McConaughey for these commercials (see South Park clip posted above), and last week on SNL they had several clips with Jim Carry pretending to be him that were funny as well. Can't argue with the numbers can you? There's no other reason people are flocking to buy Lincolns. With that said, the MKC does look pretty nice.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's ridiculous that people would buy a car based on a commercial

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I mean, it is...but why do you think Ford commercials featuring JJ Watt are on every 10 seconds? People like celebrity endorsements, and the numbers obviously show a positive return or companies would have stopped using them a very long time ago.

It's the same thing with celebrities endorsing a certain politician; celebrities don't know **** about politics, but they can absolutely sway votes.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Next thing you know, other companies will be doing this and then there will be an entire industry based on using commercials to sell products!

1 person likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

People are that into Matthew McConaughey these days. It seems ridiculous but it must be true if the stats are true.

I have to say I considered checking one out when I saw the commercial. I never really considered Lincoln a cool car to own until I saw Matthew behind the wheel.

But, I probably wouldn't get one because isn't Lincoln part of the Ford Motor Company? Those cars tend to have a lot of breakdowns. I think I'll stick to my Toyota or Lexus (maybe in the future). The worst thing is throwing away money like that on vehicles that don't last with a poor reliability rating...and I've been there. Matthew may be able to afford it...but I can't. Alright...alright...alright

#8 Surfguy, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  9. Mr. Clutch

What is McConaughey's sales WAR vs other actors?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

People may chuckle at the commercials, but whatever brand image is created by them is better than what people think of Lincoln before. Strange, unintentionally funny, maybe. But at least it beats boring and generic. And the vehicle does look pretty good in the commercials.

My impression of Lincoln is still influenced by those Town Cars driven by senior citizens and car services.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thank you cyrus

I don't doubt the commercials have helped but their product is much better than it used to be as well.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Commercials! How do they work?

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

parodying != 'going at'

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Are you really going to try and correct slang vernacular? Going at someone can be making fun of them. What a waste of a post, good job.

15. conquistador#11

why else did i sign with reliant? it wasn't for the cool thermostat or savings that's for sure.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Industries don't spend BILLIONS on advertisement . .. . because they DON'T WORK!

Rocket River

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't care who drives it. I still wouldn't buy that crap.

19. Mr. Clutch

Watch the commercial and try not to buy it.

I dare you.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haha. I watched the commercials back to back online and accidentally bought 2. Is that supposed to happen? :confused: