1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car insurance claims

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Highwire, Mar 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Highwire

Highwire Member

Hey folks, help me out here please. Got hit by a car while I was at full stop at the back of my car and I filed a claim from Geico, the other party's insurance co since they were at fault clearly. It's been a week they never called me back about the status of the claim. I called this morning and the adjuster said that they haven't received any news from their insured as the insured avoids their call and she simply doesn't pick up their call. The adjuster said that they can't do anything until they don't hear anything from their insured.

My question is is there a timeline for this? My insurance company said that they have to wait also from the other party until they accept liability.

What happens if this driver at fault continues to disregard their call or letter?

Or if any of you knows a forum for this purpose, pls post the link.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Report hit and run, if they want to make things difficult.

You have all their info and match the damage from the front of their car to the back yours.

Perhaps you need to call the tough smart lawyer.

3. Highwire

Highwire Member

I got the details except the phone number of that woman. I took a picture also of the cars before I drove my car to a safer place to settle with the other drvier.

4. swilkins

Did you take a picture of her holding a newspaper?

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I had to deal with this before with stupid Insurance Depot. They said they couldn't do anything for me until they could get hold of the guy that hit me.

Well this is what I did, I called them and said if they don't handle this matter as soon as possible. I will file a report with the Texas department of Insurance. https://wwwapps.tdi.state.tx.us/inter/perlroot/consumer/complform/complform.html

They called me back 5 minutes later saying they just sent the claim to my insurance company.Worked for me. Good luck.

6. Highwire

Highwire Member

Thanks man, I mean brother. I drive a beemer too, not as power as yours though. it's a 330.

7. swilkins

Oh. I see.

Perhaps you guys can use your secret handshake.

8. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

No problem. Let us know how it goes. That sucks for your Beemer though, a little fender bender will end up costing alot since it's a BMW.

9. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Guys, what's the best body shops for BMWs here in Houston?

Graci.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

:D :D :D

yeah, threaten to call the TDI. That will definitely get them in gear

11. Fatty FatBastard

This brings up a good point. I have an assigned space in my parking lot. A few weeks ago the guy who parks next to me said he noticed a scratch on the side of his car, and had I done it. I said I didn't think so, but the spots are a tight fit.

I went down and looked at his car a few days later. There was no paint of his car on mine, but he did have a white scratch on his car, and my car was white. The problem with his claim, however, was that I have a black grill on my bumper, and, in fact there was no was that my car could have touched his and made a white streak. It was impossible. So I blew him off.

This week I received a letter from his insurance company saying that he was looking for damages.

Exactly what do I need to do to tell his insurance company that I wasn't the one responsible?

12. micah1j

micah1j Member

Fatty, you need to turn that over to your insurance company and let them handle it. Tell your insurance company basically the same thing you just posted and take some pictures tof the things you said you saw as proof - both cars, damage on his and the non damage on yours where they should have scraped each other. Then your insurance company should tell his company to take a hike.