1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

More like every player on every team EXCEPT GSW want to get more money, only GSW ones taking discounts (for now)...and even they are starting to go away from that (a la Curry's extension. KD's contract this year).

GSW closest to a sure thing ring as we have seen in like 20 yrs lol.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

As discussed yesterday, the "5 for $85M offer" is one side of the story. Capela's reps say something different. Truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ok that makes more sense honestly. I don't see Clint or his reps just turning that down so quickly. I was on board with 4 years 60 million but I'm sure Clint isn't. Hopefully both sides agree to something soon.

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Probably true. Look at Boogie Cousins. Yes, he was coming off an injury...but suitors for Centers currently are VERY limited. That's what Noel found out last year...and it isn't a lot different this year.

One thing about those other centers with the big contracts? Those are clearly teams that can't afford another center with a big contract on their team. It actually narrows the market.

I would suspect many teams are concerned about Capella being more of a 'system' center, who might actually decline in production in a different system. He doesn't create his own shot much.

abaker28 and cerophilik like this.
  5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Will they? Losing a player for 'nothing' isn't often all that bad. If you trade him, you have limited choice of what you get back to fill that slot. If they just leave, you can choose from a much wider pool. In today's NBA, I think this 'fear' is vastly overstated. You don't lose them for nothing, you get back a free slot to fill.

6. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

It's time for the Rockets to start taking sign and trade offers for Clint Capela.. I'll take Tobias Harris and Montrelz Harrell for him right now!

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I can't believe you have to explain this to an adult who supposedly follows the NBA.

Williamson likes this.
  8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Didn’t someone say if he takes the QO Capela has to agree to that trade before getting traded so it would be harder to trade him but not impossible.

Anyway we could get someone next year if Capela keeps this up and let him hit FA and get paid less. The market won’t change next year will be kinda the same trend as the last two seasons. I believe that’s why DJ only took a year contract with Dallas. To have a chance to come in case this kinda scenario happened with Capela.

Capela and his agent want way too much I doubt morey and the rockets will pay him more than 85m

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I do see him turning down the 85m actually. He believes he is worth the max he got it in his head that he should get paid 100m or whatever the max that we can offer him.

On another note they make it seem like we can’t have another guy replace Capela. We should have gone for looney or McGee they pretty much do the same thing and looney played better than Capela. I mean that series

htxaf likes this.
  10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We can use max cap to buy AD, he is real big. Capela is not a star just a 2nd or 3rd level player. He cannot get 20 plus scorces and 1p plus rebounds

11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

My guess is that it was technically true that they offered something with 5 total years and $85M, but structured it with multiple years of team options, team-friendly incentives, or other clauses that offset the simple "5 for $85" headline.

The Cat likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

13. farhen

farhen Member

80m/5yrs is a fair deal take it or begone you piss*ed of sh*t :p

Cstyle42 likes this.
  14. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Am I the only one that read that “Clint Capela, Not In His Pants!”?

15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

There sure is a lot of hate going toward Capela who's just playing the business game and wanting to get paid.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  16. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Based on the fact that CC has come and improved massively every single season for us, I understand why he feels like he’s entitled to more money.

CC knows that he’s grown his game immensely and only just turned 24 a couple moinths ago.

In Clint’s mind, he’s going to develop into a top 5 or top 3 center and he wants paid for that.

I respect him trying to get what he thinks he’s worth.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Clint playing for the QO this year when he could just take the 18 million the Rocket are offering now makes no sense.

The 18 million he would get this year is 14 million more than the QO. No way he ends up passing on this. He can't be that stupid.

Good thing for him too, is that he gets to guarantee a second big contract by staying with James and CP3 another 4 years.

If his agent really lets him play for the QO, Clint should fire him. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid if he doesn't come out of this with a bit more coin.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Too bad we cant trade him to Minny for KAT

19. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Clint just looks to his left sees Ryno and is like that bum worth $20 mil I'm gonna need more than that.

Surfguy likes this.
  20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Adams has more mouths to feed having 9 siblings!;)

BigShasta likes this.