1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela vs the other Center's Salaries

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

All of these are terrible contracts. So if your point was to prove capela shouldn't get paid freaking 25 million a year to catch lobs..then ya..

Red Nation RGV and bmelo like this.
  2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Although my first impression was 'that's too much money!', looking at that chart...it seems just about right. Is Capella as good as Steven Adams? Hassan Whiteside?

Yep. If only we were all tall! :)

This poses an interesting dilemma for the Rockets. His asks seem to be inline with market, but can they afford to pay that?

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Capela needs to be around the $15m mark to make a trade for Kawhi work!! The BYC stuff makes it complicated, but I think that's the range. Cue 'it's happening' gifs

lw17 and BigggReddd like this.
  4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Except that's actually a reason NOT to pay him...because you're cash strapped due to that bad contract. Only so much money to go around.

banzai and dmoneybangbang like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Capela is in a tough situation with the market, the Rockets aren't going to outbid themselves.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

RFA lets the market set the base salary. Houston can extend Capela with more money....or go the Nerlens Noel
    route. Sign the QO and be a free agent next summer. If Hartenstein is part of the Rockets roster.....should
    be familiar with the players and the system and the tough NBA routine by next summer when Caps hits UFA.

I feel comfortable moving forward. Centers who can shoot 3’s are coming out of college by the dozens next year.

7. jwayne

jwayne Member

8. TheresTheDagger

Ok, that's a fair offer. Clint really ought to consider this. A freak injury this season while opting into the Qualifying Offer could cost him millions. Lock in the first good contract young man!

slothy420 and carib like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Players comparable to him dont have 2 all stars setting up all his shots.

Not only that the two Finals teams in the league don't even have a starting caliber center. That just tells everyone who paid Centers a lot of money end up as sucky teams. In the top 10 list of centers for example, only Horford and Gasol are worth 25M the rest are certainly not worth 25M Jokic, Adams, Noah etc all those guys dont deserve 25M a year.

So comparing him to his peers doesnt mean anything since most his peers are overpaid and underproduce.

banzai likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its too freaking high all thise teams with highly paid centers got demolished in the playoffs.

lw17 likes this.
  11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That's why OKC is where OKC is bad contract with melo. We've already learned from over-paying Ryan Anderson. Look, Morey is not dumb. Creating a dynasty, takes years and steady improvements and player development. Capela still has a way to go to be a bonafied superstar worth a max deal. You can develop someone to be a wide receiver/tight end catching passes at the rim. You just gotta find the person willing to do just that and doesn't deviate, he'll get really good at it. Then he started timing his blocks. He's getting good at that too.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

What's the one statistic that projects the player's market value?

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I don't wanna start a conspiracy or nothin, but Bima follows this dude. Bima only follows 8 people.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Chill out BigggRedd!!

I just been around a long time, I'm not some fake insider, I was just posting a hypothetical possibility, which will never be a reality!!!

I'm from Australia, so no connections AT ALL!!

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

[​IMG]

16. Chamillionaire

Interesting.

17. Gri

Gri Member

I bet Nerlens Noel was thinking like this too. But then...
    Time and place determines the deal.

BigggReddd likes this.
  18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Clint was the number 2 qualified center in PER last year

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

100m/4 years to the refs. Final offer. Rox 2019 Champs.

lw17 likes this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

And Adams wouldn't get that contract if he wasn't helping to feed Westbrook.