1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Should be an All Star this Season. (With Highlights from Pelicans Game)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Dec 12, 2017.

?

Will Capela Make the 2017/18 All Star Game?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Sure, per minute isn't particularly relevant to all star game considerations, but the per 36 stats point out what a beast he is if allowed to (or required to) play big minutes.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Good point. Maybe he's not an allstar, but he's certainly capable of bigger performances. We're on the same page there.

3. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

They don't play defense in all star game

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Clint is the perfect center for this team. Given his responsibilities and ability to follow through on them, you might not take anyone else in his spot regardless of salary.

That being said, if you were building a team from scratch you would easily prefer Jokic KAT or Gobert in the West. Gasol is older but still better right now. Cousins I’m not sure I would touch given his oncogenic properties.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

He is very agile for his size. He has improved every season and has established himself as a solid starter in the league. I think he still has an upside.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

What percentage of Capela's points does Capela generate? I'd be curious to know the number. I'm guessing < 15%.

When you see a football team that always has a good running game, it means its not the running back and its the offensive line. Nene and and Black are doing better than expected just like Clint, this probably means its the system and not Clint.

I'm not saying Clint is bad just not all-star worthy. his defense is way better.