1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela progressing rapidly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jan 6, 2015.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Clint seems to be getting the hang of things faster than I thought he would. 31 pts/10 rbs in 22 minutes a few nights ago. He's also had at least 4 blocks in about half the games he's played for the Vipers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FcWyceqEiO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This kid is young, long, athletic, agile for a big man, and is aggressive on offense. In a year or two, we won't be discussing whether Smith, Dmo or TJones should be starting at PF.

#1 topfive, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is because DMo is a center.

:)

DD

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really hope he proves to be the real deal. The physical tools are definitely there.

4. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Dmo's strength is sooo much better suited as a center im still amazed we have so many people that want him as a stretch 4.

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Best part is, he doesn't know how to do anything but dunk!

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

that's an issue lol

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He needs to put on more muscle.

I think the really encouraging thing to see is that he is shooting 68% from the FT line.

8. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to turn this into a DMo thread but I actually see him as a 4/5, not a stretch 4 but a 4 similar to Pau. In fact, watching Pau and DMo was very interesting to me. Pau's moves and passing was a more polished version of DMo. Pau has a cleaner hook, nice (and conservative) passes, turn around jumpers that didn't seem rushed, etc. I think DMo can really develop into a similar player.

Clint on the other hand is more of a defensive 5 to me. A shot blocker/rebounder type of 5.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Weren't you supposed to start your title with "Hey, Phoenix Suns!"?

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

That's why when Jones comes back, we'll have a legit big man championship caliber rotation. I think Howard/Jones and DMo/JSmoove work the best together on the floor and could wear down teams like the Blazers, Spurs, Clippers, and Grizzlies because you could hockey style rotate them in and out of the lineup.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Capela should be averaging those numbers seeing as he was a 1st round pick. I want him to work on his game though and not play to his strengths down there. Develop your game against weak competition so you can work on it and expand your overall value to the team that really matters on a stage that is much more stacked with competition. I like what I saw though in that video. Keeping doing work down there! Hopefully he'll take the confidence from the DLeague and use it up in the NBA when he gets called back up.

1 person likes this.
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Haha, is it though? If he plays center, I'd rather see him dunk the ball, than Dwight try a hook shot. Know your strengths.

13. dmoneybangbang

He clearly has good instincts and athleticism for rebounding and blocks. Hopefully playing more for the D League and more international play if available before the next NBA summer league will give him a better fundamentals. He's still another year removed from being NBA ready.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

That's a good point. He should work on more ways he can get open for dunks :)

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

No, it's not. He's been outmuscled numerous times trying to grab rebounds against bigger more physical PF's and C's that are going to be on playoff times.

Rockets have to find a defensive big behind Howard

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Seems to know what to do with it when he gets around the rim.

And to the Dmo folk. Yes Dmo can play center but I think he is strongest as a PF. Not really expecting Smith here next season so if you can have a Dmo/Jones and Howard/Capela rotation that would work for me

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That D-League Defense though..... man

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As athletic as Capela is, what will be key is if can catch onto team defense / defensive rotations quickly. That's the only way he will see any action.

19. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Yeah, he looks like he's playing with kindergarteners

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

WOW!!