1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela: Possible trade destinations!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe just for Kuzma they'd do it if they draft Hunter, but i don't know, my guess is the Lakers are going to use every asset they have to get another star there, Clint is a role player so, i don't see them have much interest regardless.

saleem likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

But David Griffin said in Wojs Espn article he wants 1 young asset who can develop into an All-Star , 1 borderline All-Star and a couple of 1st round picks

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Woj also said that the reuest is not set in stone, if they get back a great prospect they might not ask for an all star caliber player, at the same time if they get back a great player they might not ask for a great prospect.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Griffin is dreaming - he will not get an all star caliber player for AD. No team needs to give up that much especially if AD does not commit to trade team.

AD antics has already taken away most of leverage and options from Pelicans.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think one year ago i would've agreed with you 101%, but after the Kawhi trade and how that turned out eh, i don't really know...i mean, if Griffin is ok with getting back a guy like Derozan, i wouldn't bet on something similar to happen again, although i wonder how many teams could trade an all star caliber player/talent and still have a good enough team to compete...Blazers if they trade CJ, Sixers if they trade Simmons, Spurs if they trade Derozan (lol)...i mean, it's going to be hard, but i wouldn't bet against it.

I mean, the Spurs and Sixers scenarios maybe are too much of a reach, cause not sure Derozan has that kind of value at this point, and i don't think the Sixers would trade Simmons, especially before knowing what's going to happen with Butler and Harris, but the Blazers one...i think that's really interesting, obviously the Blazers would've to be willing to take a big risk here, Dame and CJ are a great pair, probably the third best backcourt in the league, this season they've been really good, and with the Durant injury they might be ok with running it back without taking such a risk, but at the same time if they can swap CJ with Davis eh, i think they would really think about it.

They could trade CJ, Harkless, 1st rounder and Collins for Davis...resign Aminu and get a 3&D sg with the MLE or with another trade since they have big expiring contracts and all their picks, a couple of young players, let's say they can get a guy like Bradley, Redick...

Nurkic
    Davis
    Aminu
    Bradley/Redick
    Lillard

That would be really really good.

#145 Vivi, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

CJ McCollum and filler for Ant Davis? I can see that but doubt Pelis bite.

Zion
    Jrue
    McCollum
    Harkless
    1st rounder/vet

Yeesh

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Blazers are the only team able to offer the Pelicans a borderline all star and some other decent assets without ruining their team, pretty much they're in the same situation Toronto was a year ago. They lost Derozan but still had Lowry, Vala...Portland has Lillard and Nurkic, and they're actually better so...in the end i don't really know if they would trade CJ for Davis expiring, it's a big risk for them, but the upside is there tbh. I also don't know if the Pelicans would bite, but i don't see other players as good as CJ and locked on at least two years of contract being available for Davis, plus they can add pick/s and one or two interesting young players like Collins/Simmons, maybe a good role player like Harkless, that's a good package imo.

If NOLA moves some assets later for a center, let's say a guy between Cauley-Stein, Capela, Drummond, Whiteside, Ibaka, or they sign DeAndre:

Center
    Zion
    Harkless
    CJ
    Holiday

That's a pretty damn good starting 5, and depending on who they get they might still have a solid bench with Payton, Moore, Miller, Collins, Okafor...

8. basketballholic

1 young asset who can develop into an all star - #3 pick Barrett

Borderline all star - 3 picks, that would probably be enough for Blake - 3 picks

And a couple more picks

= Barrett + 5 picks

This is what Griffin knows he can get from the Knicks..... that's why this is out there. To up the anty with the Celtics Nets Lakers etc.

For that matter Griffin knows he can get 4 picks plus capela and Gordon from us. Those assets could almost be a good young future all star a borderline all star and a couple picks.

#148 basketballholic, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    rockets13champs likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

Thanks daryl

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't worry about Denver, but the Blazers are tricky and should be added to the list. The Sixers need shooting, but Embiid is more than a handful along with Butler.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Broussard so TIFWIW

Word around the league is Kyrie is essentially a done deal to Brooklyn & he's trying to get KD there. They have a lot to offer. A great back court (Dinwiddie, LeVert). You got Jarrett Allen. There's talk they're trying to get Clint Capela. They would give up Allen.

treyk3 and Vivi like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sauces

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Wow. Jarrett Allen would be awesome here. Maybe Allen + Joe Harris for Capela. I wish Broussard was legit. It would make trading Eric so much more palatable in a Butler deal.

#153 treyk3, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I will believe this when i see it so, likely never.

Allen is basically the same player but younger, longer, cheaper, can already shoot a bit...i mean, seems like a tipic Broussard idea, just like "the Sixers should call the Rockets and offer Simmons for Paul".

J.R. likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Go Fashion Cop-ela!

Vivi likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmfao

Zero chance

Allen is basically Capela but cheaper

Also...Broussard...

BigShasta and RudyTBag like this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth. Doesn’t make any sense... Typical Broussard.

18. basketballholic

Nets may do that IF they can also move out Dinwiddie. They're objective is to have enough cap space to sign two guys to max deals while retaining DLo on a cap hold to either sign and trade..or sign..and trade later (check the KD rumors).

And Tobias is the most likely guy going to Brooklyn with Kyrie.

So factor that into your Capela trade. Capela in with Allen, Harris, and Dinwiddie out give the Nets a little more cap space to work with.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This still doesn't make any sense, Allen and Dinwiddie combined make less than Clint.

All the Nets need to do is get rid of Joe Harris, who's a pretty damn tradeable piece.

20. basketballholic

sure...

But they may not be able to land Capela then............