1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela: Possible trade destinations!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 1, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Agree with the CC placement? If so, does the rest of the league? If traded, what kind of value is coming back?

Vivi, FLASH21 and D-rock like this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Shows how weak this draft class truly was.

Not because Capela was ranked so high (well sorta that) but because the only true stars out of that draft are Jokic and Embiid.

mikol13 likes this.
  3. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

omgTHEpotential and Rasheed like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. basketballholic

No he hasn't.

never used them to have to eschew thm genius.

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Who / what are his burners? Guidelines don't allow for that

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know if he should be 3rd, imo he's not better than Nurkic, Gordon...but between the 3rd and 7th place for me is still a fair placement if you swap Wiggins with Nurkik.

And yeah, i also don't know how they put like Nurkic behind Wiggins, and Parker ahead of DinWiddie, Grant, Bogdanovic (who should be top 10 instead of Wiggins imo), but that's another story.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

Lol. That will happen in a down year where you break your leg and have a serious viral infection sideline you during the playoffs.

Have you apologized for your takes on Jo Cheese and Thong Maker > Clint Capela?

Recency bias is curious.

Deckard likes this.
  9. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

BeardNation13 likes this.
  10. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Not to speak for Hollic but to me it seems he devalues Capela skill set in reference to the ability to pair his strengths in this NBA and against this GSW. ALl of the old traditional centers are being phased out unless you are truly dominant. A rim rolling switchable center to me and likely to hollic isn’t worth putting in 14 million for. Even if the volume of production isn’t the same id rather take a minimum contract rim roller lob catcher switched and put 14 million into a premier 3 and d guy.

11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

12. dmoneybangbang

Remind me, how did you know to call out myself and other posters.... from your start date of 2/19.....?

You soaked in years of CF in a matter of months!! That’s dedication!

BamBam likes this.
  13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Nah.

The douchebag said Thong Maker is a better player. He has very little understanding of basketball, not do his burner accounts. He is pure comedy value.

Hate on Capela is weird. Guy aceraged 16 and 12 with 2 blocks last season. Outdueled Rudy Gobert again in the playoffs. Very decent player.

I don't mind moving him - but we have 0 rim protection on the team outside of him. Need to replace some of what he brings.

Essentially, if we're nitpicking over whether 15mill is worth paying Capela and whether some of that cash might be better spent in the 3nD department, then we need to remember
    a) we couldn't have spent that money elsewhere - signed him with bird rights
    b) Bazemore gets paid considerably more than Capela, and has neither 3 nor D, but that seems to be the going rate for a half decent one.
    c) we have 40mill per year tied up in a backup PG... is that the money better spent on 3nD guy/s?

I expect that if Capeka is moved, we get something quite decent in return.

BallaDoc likes this.
  14. Sanity2disChaos

Tillman realizing wanting to winning isn’t everything. Chu Ching!!

Welcome to the NBA!!

15. Sanity2disChaos

Capela couldn’t play when it mattered. Our window is small, no time to wait and see what he can develop into. His salary doesn’t match his output.how many points he get are assisted? He isn’t a defensive anchor ( I’d go Hayes before Capela). He also is still too little.

Edit. He’s also the third highest paid starter. He should be the 5th.

But I like him. He has to go for many reasons but I’m not pushing out the door.