1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela is Legit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, May 14, 2018.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

He's going to get paid, and he deserves every penny

At the beginning of the game the Warriors targeted him on the defensive end. After that strip on Curry...they stopped.

He had the best +/- among the starters, and it was painfully obvious how inept we were when he sat. The offense became strictly ISO and our PnR game died.

Can't believe how good he has become. Good job young man.

2. ryl

ryl Member

Agreed. Gives us a chance. Durant doesn’t score against him. He needs more touches on offense too.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's really the only positive takeaway I had from game 1. Though it didn't seem like he was able to impact the game defensively as much in the second half.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is the X-factor for us fo sho

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

no idea why he was on the bench

6. threepointshot3

Clint is the second most valuable player we have with cp0 being so inconsistent in the playoffs with his shot

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

The Ringer - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/27/17619970/clint-capela-rockets-daryl-morey

8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I agree. I love what Capela brings to this team, but he isn't worth 25 million, and we shouldn't overpay that much (5 millions a lot of salary cap space) when we have other options after next season.

If Capela doesn't sign around 20 mil then let him take the QO.

Next offseason Ryan Anderson becomes trade-able again. This will free cap space leaving room to resign Capela around 20 million (if he changes his mind & will sign here for that), or go ahead & sign Deandre Jordon for that price (he wants Houston & would sign here for 20 mil asap). Another option is to sign or trade(Ryno) for another big that can replicate what Capela does to a decent degree.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We can find other options to PNR and finish at the paint. What is irreplaceable however is his defense. We’ve gotta be talking about what right now is the best defensive center in the game. He can switch onto guards and shut them down on the perimeter for crying out loud. He’s got an elite wingspan to block or alter shots, and he’s got elite footwork to stay in front speedy guards. Give the man what it takes.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If he could make 70% of his free throws and hit a 6 foot jumper Capela would be worth the max.

11. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Honestly I feel like the not signing Capela yet thing is theatrics and he might indeed be upset that he doesn't have the guaranteed contract yet, but if Morey does have something up his sleeve it could very well lead to a big move involving Anderson and someone else (Ego often rumored) and Morey wants to make that move before signing Capela. I get the cons here would be that we already are over the cap so its not necessarily needed, but the nature of the business and the nature of Morey is not knowing whats coming next... so I just feel like this is a possibility; that there could be something else not mentioned holding up Capela signing. It's on Capela to accept the QO and he hasn't done that yet.

How long do yall think CC will hold out assuming my assumption is wrong?

12. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

123 ORTG and 109 DRTG vs GS but those advanced stats no longer matter I was told.

Looks like Capela was a positive.