1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela: Future star or Future trade bait?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Oct 4, 2017.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Is that a BBH quote?

topfive likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He wasn't impressive yesterday but

Most of the passes he got were terrible. He got like 4 dud passes that were either at his feet or in the middle of being trippled. Harden was trying to force it to him and it wasn't working. OKC clearly has a game plan to collapse the paint any time there is a PnR, same happened in the playoffs last year which limits Clints effectiveness on offense ( but opens up perimeter shots ).

Then also, it was one preseason game.

I like others, would trade Clint in a heart beat for Cousins or a similar caliber player, that being said I think he's a really good piece for his team, I view the difference between him and upcoming free agents centers like Jordan/Lopez/Noel to be marginal considering Clints age, production and growth rate.

I would consider trading Clint for a similar caliber forward player if we could land one of those FA centers, but that's about the only scenario outside of a star being available that I'd find trading him to be okay.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Capela will retire a Rocket in the year 2029.

5. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

tarik black can do everything capela can, and maybe be a little more tougher and can bang more, people will be surprised

feel like this is why morey signed him just in case we trade capela but its good having all 3 just in case someone is hurt

basketballholic likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tarik has made Clint obsolete?

zksb09 likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

only if he can sing too

DonKnock and J.R. like this.
  8. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

You're a new Rocket fan if you don't think any player with his skill and contract is trade bait

basketballholic likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A serviceable 5, ideally better coming off the bench.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I understand it was only one preseason game but I really was hoping to see a huge improvement with his added size. If Boogie becomes available for just Ryan Anderson and Clynt and an Ipad go for it Morey!

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You have to ask yourself, will Capela ever be as good as DeAndre Jordan? Will he be as good a rebounder, shot blocker, finisher. Will he have the same stamina? DJ is a borderline, not quite All-Star.

I personally do not see Capela being as good as DeAndre. Though, the Rockets NEED Capela to rise to DeAndre's level.

I want Capela to improve and I hope he pans out, but I don't see it. I see Capela as premium trade bait for a 3rd star. I am sure DeMarcus Cousins is on the radar.

malakas, heypartner and 1Deep like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We just don’t have the assets like before. Cavs have love Thompson Brooklyn pick
    Boston tons of picks
    Whatever offer we could put up for a star could be overmatched easily.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

people act like DJ is some out of this world better than Capela. someone who can't be in the game at the end and has lost you games bc of that is far from that level. Capela is already comparable to DJ and hes a better ft shooter

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Capela is a better FT shooter and has improved on that. BUT, for team defense, rebounding and rim protection, I feel DJ is the better player.

Little Bit likes this.
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Everyone outside of Harden, Paul, and Brown are trade bait for the right star/superstar. Cousins would definitely be interesting. I honestly doesn't see him and AD working out.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

i agree DJ is a bit better yeah, mostly based off experience, but I dont believe capela is too far off of what DJ is. the addition of cp3 will only help in the way he did for DJ

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am really looking forward to seeing how Capela improves this season. It is year 4 and he will be an RFA. Rockets should know what they have in Capela after this year. I hope he makes the jump. We'll see. I am skeptical but hopeful. ;)

YOLO likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We just don’t have the assets for cousins. Other teams would be able to put better offers.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Right now we do not, but after the players we signed are available for trading we might.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I just watched Cousins get traded for Buddy Hield and a 2nd rounder, Jimmy Butler get traded for Zach Lavine, Paul George get traded for Oladipo and a scrub, and Carmelo get traded for Doug McDermott.

We can put together a package for any star on the table, because stars just don't cost that much.

Having said all that....not sure what Cousins does that helps you win, as evidenced by his career.

DonKnock likes this.