1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela deal lined up pending on Butler agreeing to rockets deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 28, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I STILL think that all of this public leaking is the Rockets trying to get that opt-in deal to happen.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

99%!

luckyman76 and J Sizzle like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hopefully, that would be so much better for us...

luckyman76 and tc0330 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We did not try to trade you Clint."
    "We did not try to trade you Eric."
    "We did not try to dump you to the Knicks CP3"
    "We are not shopping you PJ."
    "We lowballed you but we love you Mike."
    #runitback
    #runasone

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I believe there are timing mechanisms that make a need for a decision from him rapidly if he wants to come to the rockets.

6. Nook

Nook Member

It almost has to be.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

2 more days....

hurry up sunday!

malakas likes this.
  8. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Love it

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hope they actually have a Butler commitment before leaking this. Hell, why wouldn't they? Butler would want to come here.

Feels like a deal is in place. But we've been Boshed before.

Pat likes this.
  10. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Curious, how would that help our cause?

Also, if Jimmy does opt in and gets traded here, we obviously can't give him an extension of any kind until his final year of his contract is over, just like CP3?

Assuming that is correct, we could do a wink-wink deal that we will give him his 5 year max next offseason for $190 mil or thereabouts I believe? Add in the $20 mil this year for his final year and he would be looking at 6 years $210 mil ($35 mil per). Of course, who knows if Tillman can be trusted with that wink-wink deal but that seems a lot better than a 4 year deal worth $140 mil that Jimmy would be "stuck" with and then becoming a free agent at age 34 where his earning potential will be quite a bit less by then I would imagine.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still like Clint. He is a hook away from being an all star. If he goes to Boston, I wonder how they develop him. Harden is a HUGE reason why he was invaluable to the Rockets.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Analytics software does not compute chemistry or emotions.

13. vince

vince Member

I am hesitant to dealing, he has continued to improve each and every season. This year he would have been an all star but he got hurt, so that took him out of the running.

I like Jimmy Butler and he is a super star through and through.

Jimmy is at a point in his career he can inject his will on a game. Capela is a system guy, who plays how the coaching staff draws then game plan...

I think that Capela can still get better!

Hank McDowell likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If The Rockets say they are going to pay you, they will pay you. The Rockets take care of players they think are stars. I don't worry about this stuff. If Butler is a Rocket, he won't get shafted.

J Sizzle and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Hope the Rockets get something substantial for Capela. This isn't like trading away Lin to make space for Bosh. Capela will have maybe eight or nine more productive seasons at an important position. He's still young and could even improve further.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2 yard line so it's fine, thank you for your service Clint.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I guess bholic might be right in the end, that we'll never win a champ with Capela on the team. He was blind with intense hatred that he even thought thon maker could have been a better fit, but give the man some props.

Not that hard though just naming out one player for being one of the reason of never winning a champ. Hell just name one player on a shtty team that never won before and u might b right in the end.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I agree with this part, which is why I'm not sure this is the reason for the leak. For example, if the Rockets truly were trying to pressure Jimmy into opting in, shouldn't the message be "Rockets won't part with Capela AND Gordon. Rockets will only trade if Butler opts in for they don't feel like that's enough remaining to win a championship if they had to gut the team in order to complete a sign-and-trade that hard caps them."

Not even sure who is leaking what. So just going to wait and see how it all plays out. (fingers crossed for a Butler opt-in)

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Uh. I might chalk this up to, We don't have the horses to beat GSW. Capela has to go so we can get said horse. Not that Capela impedes us.

luckyman76 likes this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Tillman honored the Chris Paul arrangement. That's in his favor.