1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can't wait until next years draft. JOAKIM the new HAKEEM!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by einstein, Jul 13, 2006.

1. einstein

einstein Member

hopefully, JVG will have been fired, all of our trash will be disposed of (Juwan Howard, Ryan Bowen, Morey/Carroll Dawson, and again Jeff Van Gundy)
    and we can look forward to a roster that includes Yao, T-Mac, Noah, and Novak (the next Bullard).

ready to be flamed now.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Get ready to bend over and take it, Einstein.

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

JOAKIM the new HAKEEM. LOL

I can see this disastrous offseason is taking a toll on some Rockets fans.

#3 RocketForever, Jul 13, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Joakim the next Marcus Camby.

5. YugoRocketsFan

The only thing Joakim Noah can be is the next ugliest dog.

6. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

I'm kinda glad he stayed in college, so we could see what he's really made of. Both him and Tyrus T had really awesome tournaments and that's it...; I'm not really sure how well they'll turn out in the league...we'll see

As far as the hakeem comparison..I supposed Joakim and Hakeem SOUND phonetically similar...that's about as far as I'll allow in terms of that comparison.

7. einstein

einstein Member

that's all i was really comparing.
    you ppl are too serious. i mean take an example from the rockets mgmt.
    the whole off season was a joke. (un-funny as it may be).....

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

close this thread!

9. rserina

rserina Member

OK, I only respond here as a Florida grad who really loves watching Noah play and who has followed him since Hell's Kitchen in NYC.

His frame, poise, and toughness are not anywhere near what you would find in Hakeem--that alone sets them apart at the same stage in their respective careers. What Noah does do even better than Hakeem is handle the ball: he was point guard until his senior year, after having exploded from 6'3" to 6'9" during his junior year. His handle, passing abilities, and body control are much better than Olajuwon at U of H.

However, Noah has an awful jumper and the lack of a mid-range game almost got him sentenced to garbage duty in Donovan's little high-low, motion scheme. That will have to change because I don't see him playing the five in college. A better comparison might be Jermaine O'Neal, but even he has a much better frame than Noah.

But all that to say this: we will not have the top pick in the draft next year, we will not be in the lottery, and you will not get your wish, dude. Well, unless Yao and McGrady miss a combined 70 games again this year. Oh, I know, people forget about little things like that in all their rage against Van Gundy and Dawson.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Not even... he doesn't have a jump shot to save his life. No real post moves either. He's just a scrappy player who hustles, rebounds, does all that intangible stuff while lacking a real offensive game.

11. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Joekim doesn't have any offense. This guy at best will be Theo Ratliff jr.

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I wouldn't even say he is that good, he is more like the next Anderson Varajuo (sp?).

Next years draft will be absolutely unbelievable though (Oden, Durant, McRoberts, T. Young, Joakim, etc...).

13. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

So what roleplaying stiff do we trade our No.1 for next year?

I'm too depressed to even think of any!

But they should be about 28, tweener, not too fast or slow, good team player, a positive +/- 10/5 numbers, not much upside but proven dependable. We can then trade our future out past 2009 away as we slowly drift into Blazerworld......

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

joakim the next brian skinner

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

The NBA draft used to be one of my favorite parts of the NBA. Besides Yao, the last 6+ years have been unbearable. I love looking forward to the draft but its almost written in stone that we as rocket fans will be left heartbroken and upset.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I keep seeing everybody talking about Oden in next year's draft. Has he officially said he is declaring after one year of school?

17. JamesC

JamesC Member

He hasnt officially said anything but he would've been #1 this year had he come out. Now days true centers come once in a blue moon.

18. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Oden has actually said that he wants to play more than 1 year, but everyone calls BS.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've seen an interview with his mother where she spoke about how upset they were about the league changing the rule just as he was going to be elligible. They didn't outright say he'd have jumped straight to the league but they didn't like that the option was taken away from them. I'm pretty sure he'd have gone pro this year if they let him.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

You've GOT to be Joakim.

:D