1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cancel Lebron..The Rockets need to focus on Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, May 29, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lebron or Paul George?

[​IMG]

Looks like we will need to sacrifice Ryan Anderson.

luckyman76 and Jontro like this.
  2. kevtse

kevtse Member

I always thought PG is the most overated superstar. Anyone have the same thought?

Dankstronaut likes this.
  3. Normalus

Normalus Member

I thought we are gunning for Chris Bosh..oh wait, what year is it?

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That's because you think of him as a superstar. He is not.

He is the perfect 3rd star to keep things tidy on offense and defense.

For us he is gold. High % 3 point shooter and one of the best perimeter defenders who can switch on screens and still hold his own.

That's the recipe to beat the Warriors and he is as good as it gets as an ingredient for the system we run.

#104 Zboy, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If they'd be able to include Ryno in the deal, that would probably be most ideal. It would almost guarantee that EG would have to be included too.

On paper, it looks like a terrible trade for OKC, but it would allow Melo to move back to the 3, you can start EG in place of Roberson or even have EG play the 6th man role there. This gives more freedom back to Russ, but also gives him couple more shooters in Ryno and EG who dont need the ball in their hands to be productive.

The big plus for OKC in this trade... they'd be getting ROAD RYNO for at least 80 games!

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Orlando hasn't won with AG as focal point. And he is not a true number 1 option plus he plays same position as Jonathan Isaac, the next Durant.

Not sure Orlando is willing to pay big $$ for 2 guys who naturally play the 4. They have shopped him recently.

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

Need that LeBron James Harden Chris Paul George lineup.

Hakeemtheking and luckyman76 like this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Me.

Forget about George, it’s Lebron time.

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Paul George at one point was top 5 player in the league

He's definitely top 10 for sure

10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The Cavs traded Kyrie to the Celtics, to the Celtics! Stranger things... The only hope is that they would prefer getting back assets to just letting him walk to any team he prefers for free. A long shot for both George and LeBron I understand, but I much prefer George. So we get LeBron next season, win the title, now the narrative is that Harden and CP3 couldn't do it without one of the best players in history? Is that what you really want!? Not me. I'd go ringless before I won rings like the Warriors did with Durant, that's no BS. That's also why no one likes them or Durant, it's about integrity at some point folks. Ask Ray Allen how the old Celtics players feel about him if you don't believe me...

11. Justmon

Justmon New Member

I agree Gordon’s the ideal player to move from the thunders stand point but for the rockets it would be Ryno. How does Ryno to the Nets for Crabbe plus picks look? He’s not exactly Gordon but does provide 3 and D. Nets have a glut of guards and forwards and Harris is a free agent. I could see the thunder saying no as Crabbes eto next year is ~ 19 mil.

12. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Lebron. Think big or go home early again next year

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol OP is the biggest LeBron hater on the board. I wonder why he would rather have Paul George?

14. H-Town Rockets Guy

Lebron will be the ultimate prize but if we cannot get him, then Paul George will be the consolation prize. He is really good but he is not Lebron. Only thing that he has an advantage over Lebron is "AGE"

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bron out here dominating GS and making it look easy, but we got OP on here talking about “cancel Lebron”...lmao

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Paul George was never a top 5 player in the NBA, he’s also not top 10 right now

J.R. likes this.
  17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

prime paul george > brave kevin durant > old lebron james

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It’s too bad Paul George past his prime after the injury.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i remember thinking, before his leg injury, during the olympics(?) there was a clip of pg and beard going 1-on-1 in practice and thinking that pg is better than harden. maybe because harden was still in okc and he was a 6th man, whereas pg was a star in indiana.

good times.

20. BackdoorHarden

Confirm, LBJ to Rockets. 51 p
    LBJ greatness can't overcome dumbass li,e JR Smith, TTBOY KHOLE THOMPSON , and TONY YOU AIN"T MY BRUTHA

near triple double and still lose Double Triple