1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cancel Lebron..The Rockets need to focus on Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, May 29, 2018.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's up to the players to recruit his butt to Houston. If he has that desire to win, he should come to Houston because the Orlando Magic is another waste of a franchise.

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Stop the madness. Lbj is the greatest player of our generation period. Close thread

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

and AG is far from that type of player

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well he did play with a guy that shot it 43 times...

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Devin Booker already looks like the Son of Klay.

Elephant810 and napalm06 like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

This, plus it would require that the Rockets in early June trust what Paul George tells them.

Don't forget that this is the same man that told the Pacers he didn't want to be traded, and then 48 hours later comes back and says that he has no interest in signing long term with Indiana.

Do the Rockets really want to count on someone like that? It is quite possible that he theoretically tells Chris Paul that he wants to be a Rockets player, and then is talked into staying in Oklahoma by Presti or Westbrook.

As far as a trade, the only way I see the Thunder would be agreeable would include them bring on players that would make them better in the short term and let them compete. Eric Gordon can do that for them. Clint Capela hypothetically doesn't fit their needs because they have Adams. It would require a complicated multi team trade.

Also, it isn't just the fans that would crucify the front office. How long would it be before Westbrook would be demanding a trade.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I think we could (and should) realistically be a 65 win team again next season if the above scenario plays out. Our starting power forward melted in front of our eyes. A guy that absorbed a lot of his minutes tore his shoulder twice. If we got ANY production out of those two rotation spots then we're talking about the NBA finals rather than the offseason* right now.

I think we need another point guard, too. We can't on Chris Paul for 82+ games. Morey needs to go to Europe or Russia and find us another Wolverine. Are there any ring-chasing veteran PG's out there that would ride pine for about 65% of the season?

Can we stretch Ryno? I should read @Clutch's thread, shouldn't I?

*Just kidding. Even if we'd replaced Ryno and Luc with all-stars, the NBA would've found a way to **** us out of it.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Westbrook would be more upset with the franchise for trading George for a player(s) he could use than he would be if the franchise just allowed George to walk to LA for zero compensation?

Nook likes this.
  9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Watching George in the playoffs didn't impress me. He seemed easily rattled by Ingles. Physically lashed out on plays that could have been detrimental to the team's success. If he is going to lash out physically at the opposing player he needs to do it in a more subtle way. anyone remember CP3 whacking Durant hard on the backside as he grabbed a loose ball? Anyway, PG is a solid player but looks mentally weak when pushed.

10. arubato

arubato Member

As much as I want to blame it on RW, PG had 16 attempts as well. 5 points on 16 attempts is just bad.

hongxingli likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

That is the question isn't it? My guess would be that Westbrook would be angry if George was traded to a direct competitor of the Thunder. Perhaps not if he believes that Gordon and (whoever else they got in a hypothetical deal) would make the Thunder better..... but I think that IF that type of deal went down, and the Thunder struggle there is a good chance Westbrook looks for an exit strategy.

Something else that isn't considered is, that for the right scenario the Rockets could sign and trade Capela. Obviously it would have to be a rare situation where the Rockets would get a clear overall talent upgrade AND have a possible successor for Capela that isn't a major sacrifice.

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I must be the only one but Paul George is a bum in my eyes. Like, much worse of a player than Ariza. He's concerned about himself like Westbrook but can't put up numbers like westbrook. He deserves to rot on whatever team is foolish enough to think he's actually a star caliber player.

Less than trash.

A barren void posing as a skilled basketballer.

I'll take 5 Carmelo Anthony's with 5x the ego of the regular Melo and roll before I ever agree to Paul freaking George. The best thing he's done on a basketball court is make weak ass gatorade commercials.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

all i needed to see was this to actually take this post without any seriousness

14. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

Couldn't we orchestrate a sign and trade for PG13 ala CP3 last year? It would cost less than obtaining Lebron. PG13 would obviously have to agree to a backdoor guarantee of getting signed to a long term deal later. This would be unlikely given his injury history and his desire to cash in now, but it's possible isn't it? I hope that Sam Presti would rather have Eric Gordon and Nene coming off the bench rather than running the offense through Carmelo when Russ sits. Pennies on the dollar are more precious for small market teams in this situation...aren't they?

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. hakeemthagreat

Greatest eastern conference player of our generation

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

[​IMG]

18. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

What’s scary about the off-season is that every other team gets better and not just your own. I mean could you imagine if Philly got LBJ and PG13 went to LA. How about BOS when they get fully healthy and if Cousins decides to join PG in LA. Also remember Denver was playing great before Milsap got hurt so that’s another team that’s on he rise. Utah, another team to worry about, has a great group of players and coach. GS surprisingly doesn’t worry me as much anymore and SA is another team that can be strong again next season if Kawhi stays. POR is a team ready to make move (Aldridge was apparently interested in returning) so a move for McCollumn could strengthen both teams.
    With all that said HOU best option would be going for Paul George who HOU was very interested in last summer. A sign and trade would have to occur and for those thinking OKC wouldn’t do it you’re delusional. OKC needs shooters (Ryan Anderson) it may not be the best option but when you throw in Trevor Ariza and a future 1st or even 2 than things start to happen. They would basically have spot up shooters everywhere which is something Westbrook has been missing. HOU could come into this season with a lineup of:
    Chris Paul/Eric Gordon
    James Harden/Gerald Green
    Paul George/LRMM
    PJ Tucker
    Clint Capela/Nene

It’s not the best lineup but it’s a deadly starting 5 which is what GS has with a bit of scoring off the bench. HOWEVER, ball movement should be a HUGE part of our O next season.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

PG13 in place of Ariza would be huge and a perfect fit.

But how does this even happen with Ryan Albatross on our team?

20. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

We are getting LeBron...