1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can you take much more of this stress? (Asking for a friend)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 24, 2018.

1. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

One of you peeps that get all amped up should wear a heart rate monitor and graph out the results #dataisbeautiful

lw17 and rocketstrike like this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It would be nice if the games were a bit earlier and give a bit more time to calm the nerves before bed.

rocketstrike likes this.
  3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Y'all just don't know; I've been in playoff do or die mode since late March; my old HS Soccer team, the Mighty Elsik Rams won the whole thing; 6A Texas State title 1-0 vs SA Reagan AND were ranked #1 in the Nation! So, I am ready for more tension, it's been amazing run since the Astros won; the way I see it, Houston is on a winning streak and need to keep it going for 1 more Rockets title, nuther Stros and then we can see about egg ball..! WINNING feels amazing..

4. rocketseagles07

I thought I was the only one.. between my love for the team, my absolute hate for gs and the fact that every shot they take feels like it can go in this series isn’t even enjoyable for me.

When we win it’s just a relief, when we lose it’s a day of misery and avoiding the media

D-rock and SamFisher like this.
  5. Carter Le Grand

I find that the tension is almost unbearable when I blaze up in a close game....I actually have to look away at times like a 16 year old girl at a horror flick!

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I hate this crap...all i've been thinking about since the last game is this one coming up. :mad: I almost can't wait for the season to end so I can get on with life...o_O

SamFisher likes this.
  7. Carter Le Grand

You must not be an Astros fan...there is no rest for a 3 sport fanatic.

alethios likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I mean, game 4 was the first one that was actually tense the down the stretch. A few more of those will quickly start to mount.

The Astros WS run was unbearably tense, the Rockets postseason run has been pretty tame in terms or high stress games by comparison.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

You guys need to chill - didn't the Astros just win the WS? That should be a sufficient fix for now

10. alethios

alethios Member

I was actually more anxious once the Stros made it to the WS than I am with this WCF.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What's her deal with the flag?

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Never done it... I know it's legal here, but I'm also looking for jobs out of state and it isn't worth the risk. I can abuse alcohol though...

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I can go 7 games of this easy. I’m thinking 6 games will be all that’s needed.

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Sam Fisher hasn't been this emotional since VSpan left

this is big guys

NIKEstrad likes this.
  15. macan

macan Member

the game hasn't started yet my heart is beating fast right now..

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was going nuclear after last game. My dogs were howling with me as I was yelling. I’m sure my neighbors think I’m a psychopath. Idgaf

D-rock and lw17 like this.
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I’m tense too this series but I feel like the finals won’t be as intense for us. We will handle Boston consummately.

SamFisher likes this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

That last game was the most polarizing ending to a game ever. I went from 100 to 0 when they called that foul after the game ended. I felt like something bad was about to happen especially after CP3 missed the first free throw

D-rock and SamFisher like this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, talk about stress, what? ???? ?? 94 and 95 Rockets were a lot more stressful and then Astros recent chip, don't get me wrong I'm stressed because it's current... but 94 and 95 will always be my max stress going through Utah and Phoenix, coming back in multiple series, game 7 Knicks, and then that sweep as the mother ****ing 6th seed (holy **** only time ever and Yes, MJ was in the league).

This would then follow with the DOUBLE DECKER TACO BELL commercials ! Now those were stressful, or what about the time Hakeem bought the whole Dream Team II + Olympians dinner

Side note, yes, I'm stressed, please Houston, cheer loud and let our guys **** the Warriors up, need to humble those guys, and Houston deserves another chip, after Harvey and now this HS shooting (both bigger than bball). Winning it all won't help replace people lost or instantly fix everything, but a chip could definitely bring this city together again.

Do it for Houston, guys, GO ROCKETS!!!

D-rock likes this.
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Nobody cares about the Stros. This is Rox territory . Take your Shirley Temple elsewhere