1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CAN WE STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT CNT ON YAO?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ilomse, Feb 27, 2008.

1. ilomse

ilomse Member

1st of all, CNT is not going to chain Yao onto the court and force him play, but according to Yao himself, his biggest concern is wether he can play for his country this summer, if he cannot, this will be his greatest loss in his career

And 2nd, I felt disgusted by all of u who blamed on the Chinese Basketball Association, i hate to bring up the political stuff but i still had to say it... yall are just typical Americans, always think u r righteous no matter what and leaving no respect for others. Yao wasn't injured when he played for CNT, in fact, everytime during the break period, the Chinese Basketball Association had to let Yao fully recover from injuries he got played in NBA before he could play for his country...

T'is ridiculous, it's like when u borrowed bob's toy and you broke it, and now u r cryin and blame on bob b/c he played 1/4 the time u played it....

about the Toy example, if u r aware and read news often... then u know which particular case that is...

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

its ridiculous that we have to "borrow" a player for 15mil a year, but ultimately we have the say in what happens with him?, gimmie a break

i dont blame anyone, i just think its shady that he would convienently be ready to play this summer in a tournament for a team that has no chance, lets be real.

china says they wont insist on him playing, but i bet that someone insists that he insists he plays

half of this is cz im still fumed about the team we had with him, and half of this
    is bc i find it ridiculous to run him every other summer in pointless tournament. I understand national pride but gimmie a break.

The person Yao is he'll play this summer and i hope he does good cz you can tell that it means alot to him, its actually an important tournament so i can understand even playing through injury, i just hope they let up on him after that

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I have to agree. Yao's injuries have occurred as a Rocket, under the supervision of Rocket trainers/coaches. Moreover, did Yao even play last summer?

My opinion on this has changed over the years. I now believe the issue is Yao dealing with an NBA schedule; not his commitment to China.

4. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

we're righteous because we're the most powerful country in the world ;) on a more serious note...you cannot say that the CBA is not culpable in this situation at all. i mean, that titan newspaper blamed the injury on us because we were playing yao too much. give me a freakin break, they're the ones that wouldn't give yao an ENTIRE summer off to just rest like most other NBA players.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Let Yao play this summer - it's the Olympics in his home country. However, after this year he should NOT be playing in the summer for the CNT. It doesn't make any sense to wear him down three years prior to the games. CNT doesn't improve Yao's game or make him better - the NBA does. China should be grateful Yao has blossomed into the player he is right now.

6. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I do not know the groups in the Olympics, but if team china doesn't do well, which is expected, then it will be an early exit and we wouldn't have to worry about it.

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

USA!
    USA!
    USA!

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

wtf, what's with all this Anti-US sentiment?

I think most people are saying Yao should play for the CNT. I don't care about the CNT, so of course I'm upset that he will be playing this summer. I do, however, care that Yao does what he wants to do and is best for himself. If that is playing for the CNT, so be it. I think there are very few people who are actually mad at Yao for playing for the CNT, but I don't understand why so many CNT fans want Rockets fans to care about CNT.

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Peace, Man!

[​IMG]

10. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

no

[​IMG]

11. cneptune

cneptune Member

Correction: most arrogant country in the world... now continue

12. RoxD

RoxD Member

You are right here in pointing this fact out. As far as I can remember, Yao married his sweetheart last Summer and took a honeymoon tour in Europe. Yao skipped the Team China when Team China took part in the Summer League, though Yi played.

This means Yao has not really played with Team China for almost two years. It is funny to see some people here are pointing fingers to Team China for Yao's injury. :p

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I suggest the moderators turn you back into a Rookie.

1. You put all caps in the thread title (a no, no)
    2. you want to debate China vs America, this is the wrong forum

[​IMG]

14. ilomse

ilomse Member

i thought his salary was 13 mil, but whatever, so in ur words, u still got what u paid for, i throw down that example b/c there's a case bout the Toy thing... but i can alway give u another , U rent a car and u fked it up, and you blaming the rental company for use it while u r not using it??

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think the real question is: CAN ROCKETS GET A GOOD BACKUP CENTER TO REDUCE YAO'S PLAYTIME?

16. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

This thread's r****ded. Obviously, Yao wants to play for his country so whether or not China is forcing him to play, we're all in agreement that he should play, so I don't see the issue here. There will be Americans who'll unfairly blame the Chinese government. There will be Chinese people who'll always believe the U.S. is the worst country to happen in the history of mankind ( and trust me, I've spoken with plenty of idiots who feel this way ).

All I can say is, the majority of people in the world don't give a damn.

17. RoxD

RoxD Member

Come on. When you say something on behalf of "most people", please just read post #2, #4 and #5 here. ;)

Someone has correctly pointed out that Yao has not played for CNT for almost two years. :D (Yao took last Summer to marry his sweet heart)

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just because YOU cannot CRITICIZE YOUR OWN COUNTRY doesn't mean we CAN'T!!

Freedom of speech!
    [​IMG]

19. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

By the way, Clutch, why can't I make new threads? I actually have two relevant, intelligent ( and non-controversial ) topics I'd like to put up. Can I please be granted this simple ability again? I know you're still pissed I made that thread about Yao being soft LAST YEAR, but come on...I don't see why I'm overrated as a troublemaker when I'm really not.

20. ilomse

ilomse Member

Haha nice, BTW i wasn't mad or anything tho, i post the thread just want u guys to think in some other perspective, there r lot Chinese fans also blames on CNT, so wtf.. :D