1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Thomas Robinson Help Houston Rockets Compete in Short-Term?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by infinitidoug, Mar 1, 2013.

1. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1546585-can-thomas-robinson-help-houston-rockets-compete-in-short-term

2. terranmoccasin

Stopped reading when I saw Bleacher Report.

1 person likes this.
  3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I hope so.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Who cares bleacher report?

We know Morey took Thomas Robinson on for his future upside not his present interior dominance.

5. allaroundplayer

He looks to be shying away from the ball and his body language is not like a player that you expect to do something. I am just not seeing a court presence from him.

I hope Jones has quit slacking off in practice. That is the only explanation I can think of why he is not playing. The opportunity and need is definitely there to make up for losing Patterson and Morris.

During this trial period to see if he can find a niche, if Robinson continues to look way away from that, McHale will have no choice but Jones for the sake of the defense AND offense.

6. landryfans

landryfans Member

Dont think much of difference between “bleacher report” and "espn experts",

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's a little better in 2nd game, but it's not saying much given his first game is a total mess.

But all the tools are there. He needs to bend the knees more, do the defensive work earlier in the clock and anticipate better. At least he contested all the shots alright even if opponents is hot hitting some tough ones.

Dmo on the other hand, showed better aggression and anticipation, but there're times he totally lost on defense. His agility and lateral quickness is questionable.His offense is good though.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Neither Patterson nor Morris provided anything outside of a stretch jump shot capability. Little help defense, little in the way of effective screens, and even less in the way of rebounding. Donuts can replace their stretch offense (plus provide better passing and even better interior moves), and Robinson can provide more rebounding, weakside defense). Anything we get offensively from him is a bonus. And while right now he seems unsure of himself when he gets the ball (heck, he is also lost on defense... not surprising since the Rockets play unusual defensive sets) he has already shown his ability to play above the rim. And while people like to question his height... there is no one on the team that gets anywhere near his vertical. No one. Anywhere near.

9. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Give him some time, let Robinson get a full offseason and traing camp with the Rockets staff. He'll get better

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The evaluation looked dead on. All I hope for this season is that Robinson might have a few good rebounding games.

11. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

He looks like a disaster...I think he's 6'7 with his shape ups' though..

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I honestly do not know why Robinson is even playing this year. It is so unlike McHale to do anything to damage the chances of a W. IMHO the only possibility is that Morey wants to see T-Rob on the court for some unknown reason. It just really hurts when both Lin and Harden are not at 100%.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No, we need him to develop and get his rhythm first then we'll see what he can do.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really think he needs a DLeague stint.

DD

15. jae713

jae713 Member

^This. He looks completely lost out there. We forget that he has only had a hand full of practices. If you guys remember, early in the season the Rockets struggled because they did not have adequate time together. Also, when they were on that brutal road trip schedule they struggled because of no practice time. Those who are ready to give up on him already should really show more patience. I think once he knows the proper on floor rotations and becomes familiar with the system he will be able to help the team.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

As far as I am concerned T-Rob has "Trade Asset" written on his forehead until proven otherwise.

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Short term? Not really, he's a prospect and he's likely to stay as a prospect for the reminder of the season.

18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

He had one good year in Kansas. Check his stats the year before. Im starting to wonder if that one good year was a fluke. I hope not but what was he even ranked coming out of high school?

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Not this year unless your a TOF. Reasonable people will see he needs at least another summer of working out to at least be semi productive on the court.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

From a experiential / developmental point of view, I agree. From a psyche (his) point of view, I think it would set him back.