1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can the rockets break the 33 winning streak record?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Mar 15, 2008.

Tags:
?

Can the rockets break the 33 winning streak record?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

116 vote(s)
    67.1%
  1. devin23

devin23 Member

I know one crazy week is coming up, but everyone of us has to believe that the Rockets can acheive the impossible. We've won 21, nearly half without yao. Can the rockets achieve #1 streak in NBA history?

2. Nero

Nero Member

Of course they CAN. But WILL they? Well, if we thought getting 21 was sweet....

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, no.

It's not going to happen. Just be happy with going for 22 for now.

4. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

if we broke 33 OMG I wonder what charles would have to say then

5. thech0senone

thech0senone Contributing Member

I am very proud of what the Rockets have done. 21 wins in a row, coming from the 10th seed to the 1st. But I think in this league its just too damn difficult to win 33x. They are going to have to travel and play some back to back games against some really tough competition, so I think its unlikely they will break the 33 winning streak record. But then again, I could never imagine they would win 21 in a row.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

apparently not jamal mashburn on NBA fastbreak. he listed the 5 games ahead of us as losses and losing in the first round.

he said we don't have a lot of talent and you can't win on effort and emotion alone.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The Detroit Pistons and New York Giants would like to say hi.

8. ibm

ibm Member

not sure about this. we have a good chance of winning SOME of the next 5 games and will have a chance in the 1st round.

but this is true.

maybe mash still remembers his hornets days when he and baron davis had a heck of run in the p/o.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are the ONLY team in the NBA that can do it...but I don't think they will.

DD

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

again, yes we're winning with effort and emotion, but we also have a superstar ourselves in tracy mcgrady, who's playing like a top 5 player right now. we have the best defense in the L for YEARS now. we are the best rebounding team. we have a very good set of PFs who people are overlooking (if landry returns that is). we have one of the very best individual defenders in battier.

yes we don't have eye-popping star power outside of tmac, and i'm not saying we'll win the championship or anything.

but when jamal said this streak will end on sunday in these terms, "it's done on sunday, no chance" -> that kind of disrespect is pathetic from an NBA player who has to know winning 5 in a row is hard already.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

what you smokin? :D

12. demon77

demon77 Member

can they? yeah. Will they? not likely, to say the least.

13. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Not if Tmac has to play 48 min against a team like the Bobcats.
    Did you see how exhausted he was?

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

They will probably lose a game in the next 5.

15. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Its been a great ride, and the only game I care about is the Laker game, after that the streak isnt so important to me.

16. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I'd much prefer a championship over a 33-game win streak. It'd be nice to get both, but realistically 12 more wins in a row probably isn't gonna happen.

17. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

I just stay humble and take one game at a time. But I take the next one.

18. ibm

ibm Member

me too.

and some legit concerns are starting to pop up. calvin murphy in his show has said he worried that this team will be burned by the streak and not have much left when the p/o starts. i think mcgrady having to play 48 min. is an example.

19. ibm

ibm Member

i didn't see that on tv. i was just trying to say i agree with the point that chemistry alone doesn't win games. chemistry is really important and hard to come by as we all know it. but you need talent, and talent first. do we have enough talent to go far this year in the p/o's? i don't know. haven't convinced myself anything yet. but i've some concerns...

20. slobodan

slobodan Member

He has never watched a Rockets game in his life.