1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can somebody explain why league pass is now 17.99?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, Oct 13, 2017.

1. what

what Member

What is the catch? There 1 time price 119 a month.

It seems as if there montgly subscription wont recoup that amount by the end of the season, so you can cancel it and you would get the full season cheaper, right?

2. what

what Member

I dont know how this thread ended up here. I meant to put it in dish.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

17.99 is for ONE team only. You only follow one team and only the games they play.

The other packages are for all the teams. Any games.

If you count the May games then the monthly comes to about $126. So a savings of about $7 on yearly $119.

Anyways, why even bother with this anymore?

I can watch all the games in great quality via reddit stream links. Absolutely FREE. Been doing it past two seasons.

Just donate that money to charity instead.

#3 Zboy, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  4. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

nbastreams.me.... don't pay ever....you're welcome, they have HD and all the channels home and away which ever you want to watch.

5. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Rockets games are now on here where I live in Austin on DTV. No more LP for me.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You don't get playoffs, unless you have an international account. And my understanding is you can't buy that with a US credit card account.

Combined with no playoffs and the fact you can't even buy/watch the nationally televised games (Rockets have a lot of them), then that shows you the NBA still doesn't care to capture the business of us cord-cutters, so I'm pirating at reddit with you until they do.

And I hope they read this, because they ain't catching me. But I will give them money, once they allow us cord-cutters to buy *all* the games, including playoffs, just like the international viewers.

ElDobleK, da_juice and seeingredtx like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I continue to buy it for the guarantee it will work and no chasing, but it pisses me off to no end when TNT or NBAtv has the game. It's like I'm only getting 55 of the games I payed for. But I do like the aspect of watching replays later which I find difficult on the whole streaming deal.

heypartner likes this.
  8. rockets13champs

17 for whole year or for a month

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That's the only reason I bought league pass. There are tons of options for free streams, but I don't want to deal with all the commercial breaks and halftime. Cut all that stuff out and watching a game takes little more than an hour. League pass has me on convenience.

10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

How are you guys watching with Reddit or nbastreams? Just straight off your computer, or somehow on your TV? (Roku? Firestick? HDMI from PC?)

11. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Just use reddit to find streams of any game you want to watch. It's free and the quality of the streams are usually HD

12. don grahamleone

Still sucks come TNT or NBAtv or ESPN time. HP is right about it needing to improve. They're losing his money and a lot of people like him.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I watch them straight off my computer but I have multiple outputs to my computer, one of them a bigscreen TV which I use as a monitor.

Sometimes I watch on my laptop.

The streams are usually HD.

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Nba streams reddit is a game changer.

Used to pay like 120 to see just rockets (technically you were able to chose 4 teams) and had to be blacked out anytime rockets played on national TV and anytime they played a regional team in my area (spurs in austin)

15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I watch multiple ways, I hook HDMI from Mac to tv and watch that way or just straight from laptop, ipad or phone depending on what I am doing...just need to close out pop-ups...

also I found all sports streams at vipleague.se, changed my life...

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. If you get into a habit of watching the nationally televised games as Archives (after the fact), then the convenience is great. I have to put tape over the timeline, though, because it spoilers OT games, as you see the timeline went longer than normal. And that inherently means there will be last second shots spoiled at the end of 4th...when you are watching and know the game goes to OT

Even then, I don't understand the needless delay they have for the delay to make a finished game available ... that "Game being Archived, come back, later" nonsense is bs. There is NO technology reason for not making the game available immediately after finished. The delay is simply part of their TV Contracts. My guess is it is related to Roots showing replays, and they want to maintain the blackout for a little bit after the fact....or ESPN/TNT just wanting the archive to be more inconvenient.

And even *if* they made games immediately available, they still won't sell cord-cutters the playoffs like they sell to international fans.

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yeah, but my family still has a cable subscription so I can use their account to use ESPN or TNT's online streaming services. I don't like ESPN as a company, but the streaming app is better than the NBA's league pass app. NBATV is the bane of my existence.

18. don grahamleone

I have a similar thing going on. Tell me more about the TNT service???

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You can just go directly to TNTs website and use theirs/your cable provider login (similar to ESPN etc), and any game that's broadcast on TNT can be streamed. Another option is through the sat/cable provider's direct website will sometimes let you stream some channels as well.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

League pass always was and always will be trash. I've gotten it a few times and each time it's been terrible service. It rarely works. I have to cancel every time.