1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Carlos Rogers get any more minutes??!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Newtown, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Newtown

Newtown Member

Does anybody else out there agree that C. Rog needs to be in the freaking game? You cannot tell me that the last two games (not last night obviously) against Atlanta and Golden State C. Rog didn't have a major part in bring us back/leading us to victories. They guy is freaking incredible. How he keeps his intensity and interest up after such inconsistent playing time is beyond me. He just doesn't do anything badly. He is smart, has great instincts, will always be where loose balls are and will shoot 60% virtually every game.

Who could he go in for? Here's an idea . . . I think he might be just a tad bit better than having Walt "Hey Skiles, you should probably have whoever I am guarding take the last shot because I CANNOT play any defense" Williams in the game. Walt is an entirely different issue which I see several threads on, but I wonder just how much Walt is paying Rudy to play him so much, especially in crucial situations.

Anyway, I love the fire Rudy has been showing, but I think he has been doing a poor job of juggling players and when they should and should not be in the game.

------------------

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I agree with you. My friends say Cato is better especially with size and continue to make excuses for him, but he doesn't look like he gives a ****. What C. Rog doesn't have in size he makes up for in hustle. The guy hustles his ass off practically screaming to Rudy "PLAY ME" through his actions then turns around and tells the paper that he's just doing his part to help the team, but for some reason the most time he's on the floor is when he's dancing while the team's huddling. I don't think he should start or maybe not even be the first alternative from the bench, but please give him some more perhaps quality minutes.

------------------

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Agreed. Every time I see him play, I'm left with one question: "Why the HELL doesn't he get more PT??"

'los does nothing but hustle. I love his energy and his intensity. Isn't his FG% like 70%? I understand the need for Cato if we need him simply for a big body, but with the lack of quality big men, I cannot understand why Rogers doesn't get more playing time.

------------------
    "We got f*cking smashed every day. And then when we came here to Beverly Hills, we had drugs, we had chicks, we had orgies. I thought I'd died and gone to f*cking Rome"
    ---Ozzy Osbourne, on the early days of Black Sabbath