1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Watkins let go by ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It would epic.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Windfarts, greasy Keith Jones and triple chinned Maury

Not enough space on my 70" screen to accomodate them

Cash Cam, Vivi and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Calvin Watkins was an ******* in Dallas, still was an ass first year in Houston.

Become cool ass hell this season, even voted for Harden for MVP.

D-rock likes this.
  4. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Good riddance. Heard him on the radio many times and thought he was a Rockets hater. As an out of towner it's difficult to get regular Rockets talk. Hope he's replaced by a knowledgeable Rockets supporter.

#84 RocketsTerps, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Pen15clubber and BallSoHarden like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

ESPN actually tried to hide how fat this ****er actually is. Morey looks like a super model compared to the wind horse. I saw a pic of his lower half and it is like a sack of dog ****

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I didn't like the guy but I'm not gonna dance around to news of someone getting canned.

dobro1229 and BigShasta like this.
  8. jayfree

jayfree Member

Real reason he was let go!

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He is thinking about lebrons abs

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Man that sucks I know some of the stuff he tweeted from time to time was wack but everyone in the organization really liked him. Clutch like him and said he was a great guy.

His espn podcasts were funny and he cut for harden tough.

Sucks when anyone loses there jobs but even worse when he was our only espn reporter.

Atleast we have super fans like clutch who gave us this awesome site and a lot of content.

We also have Ben Dubose who's a really cool dude and does a daily podcast and gets real deal guests on there regularly. He's a super fan just like us. In fact he is one of us lol

DudeWah and BigShasta like this.
  11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

ESPN with the mass layoff, they must be doing pretty badly to fire that much talent. Plus side, I know it's douchey of me, but Ethan Sherwood Strauss was let go. :)

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'm more surprised Ethan was let go. Seems rather odd a market as large as Golden State was afforded a layoff.

ESPN needs to get back to original content and just reporting sports news without the hoopla involved. Additionally they were the first to offer on the go video streaming but clearly missed the boat by teething on the nipples of the cable companies. Revamp quickly and bring the netflix model to sports. How many games have ESPN broadcast? Pay to watch model is the way to go. 9.99 a month and you can watch every and any game ever displayed on ESPN + any live simulcast.

Quickly quickly.

Hakeemtheking and YaoMing#1 like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'll ****inn start slicing brisket off his neck and he would t notice

D-rock likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, who's the true Oswald Cobblepot between this guy and Ramona?

15. cdrive

Ethan Strauss was let go? Wow that is strange. Thought he was in that new vomit inducing rat pack of him and Amin and that other annoying guy with the widows peak. Now I know why Ramona Shelbourne said she didn't want to say names or she would cry.

#95 cdrive, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    BigShasta likes this.
  16. cdrive

17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The longer BSPN keeps pushing their fake news style narratives the more viewers they will lose which will only result in even more people being laid off.

They need to go back to reporting sports news with a light humorous edge while bringing in new people who are there to truly analyze the sports they cover rather than espouse the same ole corporate "try hard" BS that gets channeled to them on a daily basis by people who care absolutely nothing about sports whatsoever.

18. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

I cancelled my ESPN package subscription a few years ago. I have not cut the cord yet but it's not worth an extra $20 a month or whatever it costs just for ESPN. Not celebrating the layoffs but it was inevitable that this was going to happen if more and more people are like me and do not feel like they get value from ESPN and as a result are not willing to pay a premium for it.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He was let go? That sucks. He always made me feel a certain way when he wrote about the Rockets. I hope he lands on his feet.

[​IMG]

20. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Seriously. Morey and Feigan said great things too. Some people here (or a lot) smearing this guy's name all year is just terrible.

18pbr likes this.