1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy: "Where was Jeremy Lin?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

WHY is TD taking 11 shots in a game anyway?

2. nono

nono Member

ha ha

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey is no fool, and he surely can't be happy at what he's seeing from his interim coach.

4. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Everything you wrote is correct. Except for the fact that you said lin has proven he can win when the pressure is on. This is coming from couple of big games he had in the closing minutes during linsanity. I havent seen anything in the closing minutes since. In this case though in terms of preformance during the game, lin should have gotten the nod in ot.

5. conquistador#11

we must ban democratic ball!
    Harden one on five for the win!

6. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Sampson saw that Lin was driving to the rim every time he touched the ball. He didn't want that because he wanted Harden to do that. So he benched Lin. Easy as that.

2 people like this.
  7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Cause it's time for TONEYSANITY BABY

And all variations thereof.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know about NBA, but for the rockets it is up there

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Well, let's be honest. If McHale was coaching tonight, we probably don't even reach over time.

I know McHale is going through a rough time right now, and i'm not stomping on him, but IMO he's a bad coach.

10. Arthurprescott2

No he would have grabbed a lead instead of 2-3 wasted possessions by TD.

11. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

u pay Lin 8M a year, u just play the damn kid there no matter what, how can he develop if u dont give him damn crunch time to play, WTF? WTF?!!

12. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Lillard was roasting Lin in the fourth. He had 11 points on Lin in that final 5 minutes in the 4th.

13. GideonC

GideonC Member

offensive = upsetting/negative NOT the basketball sense of the word... can't see a way to edit post and realized it sounded like I was talking about offensive in terms of offense/defense, which isn't how I meant it.

Just WTF... this is like Sampson decided to deliberately lose a game just so he could get a stupid point across... just horrible.

14. munco

munco Member

i didn't think it was racism before but tonight has me wondering. there's no explanation for playing TD over Lin for the entire OT tonight. Hopefully Sampson is just an idiot and not a racist.

15. Gil

Gil Member

I'm known as one of the LOH's on here and even I'm baffled by that decision.

Almost as bad as taking him out of the game when we had 15pt lead with 2 minutes to go. Totally inept coach.

16. MKL

MKL Member

Also, assist isn't needed in Heroball, it actually hurts it. Heroball get all the girls and All-star votes and girls.

1 person likes this.
  17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Thank you for calling it as is. I mean isn't this how you grow as a player being in situation like this? Why break the bank to bring him here just to sit him in these situations. Is sampson going to sit Jeremy every close game? Inexcusable. This is type of boneheaded, egregious mistake that should get you fired.

18. nono

nono Member

Yeah that was a complete killer, even worse than the OT decision since the lead went from 15 to 6 when Douglas came in.

The thing I don't understand is, you have $25 million tied up in a point guard. Why the **** do you not let him play even a single minute of OT ? How the **** is he going to learn if not by making mistakes ? Toney Douglas ? Smfh.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Obviously Sampson thought Douglas had better D on Lillard than Lin, but I wouldve liked to see Lin on the court

20. Gil

Gil Member

Still haven't gotten over him taking Asik out of the game in that Miami loss or taking out the bench who were hot for a cold Lin/Harden.

We should be 6-3