1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy blasts Rockets effort in 27-point loss in Utah

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2018.

1. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

This team is as close as the team is deep. It may as well be the “max and near max show” - Harden, CP, and Capella as one unit. The rest of the team is entirely disconnected.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His face yeah, without the mustache but you could say the mustache was a piece of art.

3. xaos

xaos Member

We need someone to clap at them and tell them to play hard, I guess

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Honestly, it seems like every team the Rockets have played has been angry and treated it like a playoff game. It’s the regular ****ing season and they just want to play through the games but seems insist on treating them like playoff games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Murph has always said what he thinks, which is one of the reasons I've missed him so much calling games with Bill. They were a great pair. Here, I agree with him. Every word. If that gets him "in trouble," our problems run deeper than I imagined. We need more voices connected with the team calling out the team's effort, or lack there of, not less, in my opinion.

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Wheres the kneejerk and panic haters?

Looks like yall were flat out wrong.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be shocked if D'Antoni is gone before the new year. When the old guard like Murphy starts calling out the effort of the team, ownership will take notice. I also can't imagine that Tillman is comfortable paying this much money for these results.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Triple bottom is a bullish technical indicator...we'll end up with 60 wins.

9. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Easy trade CP3 to the Lakers for bucket of wings

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets straight up aren't competing this season. If they approached this season with the same attitude as last season, this is a 55-60 win team. Sure we win a few less games swapping Ariza and Moute for Ennis, but we still have 6 of our 8 rotation guys from last season's 65 win team.

Their record is entirely self inflicted due to lack of competitiveness and quitting. It's shameful and it's embarrassing to be a fan of this team of quitters right now.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think the Rockets Talent and Chemistry went to the Clippers, Beverley, Lou Williams, Montrezl Harrell, Luc Mbah Moute Effort, Heart, High Motor, Grit were those 3 guys. Rockets don't have those players.

PG Patrick Beverley
    SG Lou Williams
    SF Trevor Ariza
    PF Montrezl Harrell
    C Tariq Black
    PF Ryan Anderson
    SF Luc Mbah Moute

The Talent Gap is Huge, It can be only addressed through the Draft I Believe, Time to trade guys and acquire Draft Picks.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nobody can watch last night's game and laugh. At the minimum, probably change the channel to find something more entertaining to watch.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Glad Calvin called them out.

I don't understand what I am seeing. Makes no sense considering the type of attitude they team had last year and had in pre-training camp, in training camp etc. But on the court, it is just not translating.

We can talk about "health" and "bad depth" etc, but what concerns me is the lack of "resiliency" this team has. The lack of "grit." They never got blown out last year. They fought. There were ugly games they won. And the boring games.

Not seeing enough "fight" from this team. And it surprises me with guys like CP and Tucker on the court there to hold people accountable.

When things don't go there way, they can't slump their shoulders and give 50% on defense. When things don't go there way they have to DIG IN HARDER to turn things around. It is that exact issue, that is bothering me.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Same thing happened in 2015-2016. Half the website got mad at people for pointing out the obvious: that the Rockets aren't good

Eventually they'll come around

s3ts and mario elie like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I thought it was interesting and worth noting that in that ENTIRE 4th quarter of garbage time against the Jazz, that Chriss DID NOT PLAY any minutes. Like non! We have Nene out there. Nene "took a charge" with 1:43 to go in the game, if you can believe that.

We are trotting old man Nene out there in garbage time? Did the Rockets just not play Chriss because of a looming trade? That is the only explanation.

Strange times like this is when it would be great to hear from the insiders, @Codman @cyberx @ch44 @Nook to get some clarity of direction.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Chriss isn't an NBA player on or off the court.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, tell me something I don't know, Nook! :p

Nook likes this.
  18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Exactly. People complain about MDA but this is all on the players. There’s nothing a coach could do if the players are uninterested

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Time for a 5 game win streak!

Rocket River

hakeem94 and Deuce like this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it therapeutic for you to post the same thing over and over? Do you need your pat on the back that bad? :D

hakeem94 and joshuaao like this.