1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Calm Down] Sitting at .667 and 3rd Seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah …. high expectations. Some of us have them , some don't.

This is a team that has the best offensive player perhaps in the history of the league and another League MVP on its roster - the expectations should be high.

My kids call me a hardass cause I have high expectations …. but they usually meet them so ….

When you saw the final opening day roster did you really buy a 10 man rotation ? I didn't.

Most of this teams problems are personnel related. They just aren't very good beyond the top 7 players and are missing a piece to the puzzle among that top 7 in a big forward who's productive.

Harden
    Westbrook
    Capela
    Tucker
    House
    Rivers
    EG

Outside of that top 7 .... Two guys are "playable" (on occasion)

McLemore
    Chandler

Then you have the rest of the roster …. 7 guys who give you pretty much nothing.

Nene
    Anderson
    Thabo
    Green
    Clark
    Hartenstein
    Clemons.

And they have little to no trade value.

I dunno how Morey solves this one. They really need a starting caliber 4 in the worst way (without giving up their top 7).

I'm with you … accept for the bolded part. The bottom half of this roster is …. pretty much worthless.

The injury to GG hurt a lot …. not having a quality player at the 4 is definitely a big deal.

7 players mostly on minimum contracts that give you next to nothing on a nightly basis - that's a lot to overcome.

Obligatory Tilman is cheap ….

#61 Corrosion, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Still holding to this prediction?