1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling you out BSKBALL.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Achebe, Sep 8, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

BSKBall,

Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

Your pal, 'therocketguy' posted this on his messageboard.

Is it true? If it's not, I highly suggest you find someone else to do your rocket articles. If it is, could you please offer up a source/link?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
    Why don't you guys go down to the gym and pump each other

2. BskBALLcom

BskBALLcom Member

CALLING ME OUT????
    ---- If you really have interest in "calling me out" you should e-mail me.

Is it true?
    ---- If your asking me did David Aldrdige makes comments regarding a Jamison to Houston deal?---- NOT THAT I CAN FIND....

Here is the story...about a week ago I received an e-mail asking had I seen this...it was a cut and pasted peice that was attributed to David, saying that the Warriors and Rockets were talking..... I had not seen this printed anywhere else, so I dismissed it as a creative fan...and didn't give it much thought...in passing this week, Bill and I were working out his Rockets game schedule...He asked my did I have anything on a Jamison deal to Houston...I laughed...and told him emphatically wasn't going to happen....He said he's heard David Aldridge had endorsed it...I laughed said I don't care what DA may have said it ain't gonna happen.... Now, I did not specifically say I heard, saw, or cared about what Aldridge may have said..... I also did not say I didn't see the Aldridge story...I understand where the confusion was.

If it's not, I highly suggest you find someone else to do your rocket articles.
    **** Don't assume to tell me who should cover a team for my site.... Yes, clearly this particular issue was not handled well...and I AM SURE there have been some lessoned learned about accrediting information..... BILL WILL BE MY ROCKETS GUY UNTIL HE QUITS.... Thats just how it goes.

BskBALL

------------------

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He's rude

He's an idiot

But he sticks by his writers! Full credit to you for that Bskball.com (or whatever your real name is!)

------------------

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I dont like Bill the Rocket guy much myself. He must be the most pessimistic Rocket fan out there.

------------------
    Remember.... You are not really drunk until you must hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth.

5. BskBALLcom

BskBALLcom Member

Rude?---- How are you suposed to be when someone "calls you out"

I am an idiot?---- OK, maybe... I'd buy that one

I stand by my writers---- I have to...I ask these guys to get you talking...I hound on them to get me reports, sometimes when there is no news...I push them to push the envelope...... I don't want safe, geratric bird cage liner....I want them to make you mad, I want them to make you interested...I them them to keep you coming back for more...

I doing this.... I understand I may push them into something they can't handle.... I am the King of the deep end of the pool..... I have tossed my guys in...I should at least help them stay a float until they figure things out.

Bill for the first time got himself in some hot water..... He needed to do that...It will make him abetter writer..... I won't sink him...But I want him to sweat it a bit...

BskBALL

------------------

6. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Ahhhh, now I see.

He'll become a better writer by posting wild, unsubstantiated tripe.

Keep up the good work!

------------------
    Clutch Goons, Inc.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ummm .... Keep coming back for more? I quit going back months ago, and I KNOW im not the only one. I don't want to diss on your man, but Bill TRG is an idiot! The best work that can describe him is ... dull!
    Even LHutz could do a better job ...

------------------
    ...out with the old, in with the new...

8. Give Your Head A Shake

Boy, this is almost too easy. Your web-site and your writers are an object lesson in how to dumb down a great technological advancement like the internet. Your site is the WWF of basketball information sites and you are its Vince McMahon.

When I first started searching the internet for basketball information about three years ago, I somehow stumbled across your site almost as the first thing. I had no idea the internet had anything better than this so I referred to it every so often. I figured this is some well-meaning shlub in his basement that was trying to have an interesting hobby. I tried e-mailing you and gently suggesting that you not make my eyes bleed with your Strawberry Alarm Clock design (look it up on a search engine if you don't get the reference -- the internet can be really good for information, Vince). Gradually your site got some little annoying ads and you ignored my e-mails.

Next I suggested that it might be possible that you utilize a simple spell checker and that you refer to NBA.com to use the proper spelling on players names. Gradually your site got more annoying ads and you obviously ignored my e-mails.

Next I suggested that you use a very basic thing like a fact checker after I saw several ridiculous rumors posted in the team reports. Gradually your site got even more annoying ads and you continued to ignore my e-mails.

After about a few months or so of putting up with your annoying begging to click on your sponsors and increasingly slow loading, I went searching for more basketball sites and, lo and behold, I found ClutchCity. Even though the Rockets are only my second favourite team, I became a regular lurker and sometime poster and I totally dropped looking at your site.

Now, I have found a dozen different sites that are vastly superior to yours. Every once and a while I do go back to your site because of a misguided person using you as a source or just to see if you've learned anything and guess what...it's just as bad as it ever was.

It comes as no surprise to me that you have a "writer" (as you call him) that is roundly mocked on this site. One simply has to look at your postings above with your usual multitude of errors to know what your standards for accuracy are. The most ludicrous thing is that you've probably already read them and think they're kind of cool, --- "King of the Deep End"? Whooo boy, I've got that one memorized and whenever I see someone using your site as a reference, I'll haul that one out. Thanks, Vince, and I do hope the XFL is a total bust.

Your posting above is one of the most self-serving, inflated ego items I've ever read.
    This isn't wartime journalism in the trenches. It's just a bunch of hobbyists talking about their sport. "Bill needed the hot water"? "He'll be a better writer for it"? At least Vince knows he's just acting. You've got to be joking, right? Right?

------------------

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

BSKBALL-

But emailing you would not have made this discussion available for others.

The confusion? He lied. But I assume that you hint at that here:

I personally could really care less now about this subject. He lied. There's no reason to have conversations with people that lie (unless we're using the rule of the opposites). You endorse his lying, so I simply won't visit your site ever again either.

GYHAS:

Where have you been? That was a great post.

------------------
    Why don't you guys go down to the gym and pump each other

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I love a little drama!!!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."