1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling Bullsh*t with Absolute Confidence that any of you will "Stop being fans if Morey is Fired"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. theimpossibles1

Who are you kidding? We are Rockets fans because of the fun, mindless entertainmment and because we love the players and the action.

This is like people saying they would boycott the NBA if Scott Foster reffed our playoff game vs GS last year. It happened and you are still here.

You may get emotional and stop watching for a week or two TOPS. But then you'll remember you love to watch this sh*t and you won't change the world (or jack sh*t) with your 'political statement.'

Really hope Morey is not fired and it won't matter

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this truly has been one of the greatest days in ClutchFans history . . .

amaru, bingfei236 and steddinotayto like this.
  3. sheb

sheb Member

Ban OP!

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, I created that thread because I was curious to see what the poll results would be

for me, I can’t say I would stop being a fan...ball is life, and I’ve been bleeding Rockets red for YEARS...to just straight up leave is something that would happen more if they were to leave Houston

there are probably a few who would stop being a fan for real, but for others, if the refs fck us over on opening night against the Bucks, you’d see their ass in the game thread

it would leave a real sour taste in my mouth even tho I realize that any GM would be in danger of getting fired if they created the damage that Morey just did to the organization...any owner would contemplate firing him, Tilman ain’t special in that regard

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We won all those titles because of Morey so I'm gone if he's gone...... Yeah, you're right, not going anywhere.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

9. malakas

malakas Member

I have boycotted other things and teams for much less than that.

Call bullshit all you want, but some of us can't tolerate such a disgrace.

Not everyone is after "fun mindless entertainment".

Btw not just the Rockets, I am prepared to give up on NBA basketball all together if Silver supports a Morey firing.

10. theimpossibles1

I know you made and post under a Clutchfans handle. Anyone who cares about the Rockets enough to do that isn't going anywhere.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course i would. this organization would go down the drain from the moment morey gets fired. that's why it won't happen

it already has an owner to talks to damn much and is more focused on LTS than getting quality players

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Basketball is fun, aggravating, and a nice distraction from life stresses. But I can count multiple things in life more important than basketball. Politics not being one....but human rights and free speech? yes.

rockbox and malakas like this.
  13. theimpossibles1

I honestly think he will be fired because $$$. Sure hope not though.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Attention w****, we need more threads on this op. Do us a favor and shut up

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't. they surely would regret it for years to come, and they know it

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. theimpossibles1

Totally agree.... But what would a boycott accomplish on that front? Absolutley nothing. If anyone really cared they would get involved on higher levels. Stopping your fandom would only hurt guys like Harden who have done nothing wrong.

17. Rox>Mavs

I don’t think it’s about accomplishing anything or effecting an outcome. I just couldn’t feel like I could enjoy the game and support it knowing my teams owner bent the knee to the values of China and sacrificed a major reason why the rockets are where the are (Morey) just to save his bottom line. I wouldn’t want to ultimately support that.

BleedsRocketRed and clutchdabear like this.
  18. Rox>Mavs

And I do get involved....not politically but in other ways by supporting locals there. People who are at risk of being tossed in jail everyday just because of what they believe. Have considered moving my entire family there just to support the grass roots movement.

19. theimpossibles1

Fair enough, but the NBA is already a greedy, greedy empire. I don't believe this situation will be the tipping point for any fan who is invested enough to make and post under a clutchfans handle to stop their fandom entirely.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Check your Snapchat. I just sent you $20 to bet that I will stop being a fan if Morey is fired because a bunch of people got their panties in a bundle.

dachuda86 likes this.