1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling all Rockets fans...REAL Rockets fans...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dat Dude, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Okay, so I'm a very easy-going guy that does not get flustered very easy, but all of this talk of Rafer Alston going to Orlando and him getting his revenge and "this guy Kyle" not going to get the job done and blah blah blah...GROW THE HELL UP. I'm sick and freakin' tired of people saying that Morey has already given up on the season. I for one think that this season is far from over especially with the recent events that have unfolded in the rests of the west of late (i.e. Amare out for, maybe, the entire year and Manu not going to be 100% the rest of the year, Chandler...who knows).

It's time for everyone to buck up and start understanding that we need to act like Rockets fans, not just chumps who think that just because Baron Davis isn't suiting up for us tonight, we don't stand a chance. Just thought I'd let everyone know how I felt...I hope everyone starts acting like REAL Rockets fans because I for one am ashamed of a few people on this board who actually have the balls to call themselves Rockets fans...

Let's go out and set the tone of the "new" Rockets tonight against those d-bags from Dallas...

2. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I think most of us fans have very high standards for this team after seeing the back to back Championships!

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Seriously, I think this makes are chances BETTER. T-Mac and Rafer out will (I'm assuming :/) make our offense MUCH better.

4. love

love Member

fans are insecure about our 2 young pgs... understandble.

tonight, let us remember.

2202009 the era of yaoming has begun!

5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

ROckETsssssss BASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL *yells it loud after readingg...FINISH it.. ROCKETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's hard to get behind a trade that brings in a guy who has no jump shot and was coming off the bench for a lottery team that lacks a quality starting PG. Morey might be sold on the guy but the numbers don't back up what he is saying. It's a downgrade at the PG position and I'm not real happy about that.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, It will be interesting to see how he responds as the team is clearly his now.

I expect him to play with much more intensity.

DD

8. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

If Yao can dominate early in games, we got it !!!

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think it is what it is and we need to just support our team.

10. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Ah. Nice thread.
    Good point.
    I aree.
    Let's go HOUSTON!

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Rafer just dished out 11 assists in his last game. The offense runs way better with TMAC out. We were excited to see what they could do without him. Then they take away our starting PG and do not add a starting PG they promote our backup.

Don't call me a fake fan for not buying that BS.

12. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Our starting PG shouldnt even have been a starting PG to begin with. He dished out 11 assists, true....so how'd he shoot that game? What's his FG% this season? How about for the last 3-4 seasons?

Trust me, you wont miss him as much as you think. Bye Bye Rafer!

13. Spork KIller

Spork KIller Member

does it mean Baron Davis will suit up for us in the furtherer games and playoffs? :rolleyes:

14. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Oh, I take it you were a Skip to my Lou fan? What a joke...guy's in Orlando now for a reason. We have Lowry now. Deal with it.

15. rocketshopeful

nice thread. I am happy with going into the rest of the season and playoffs (yep their goin), with this squad.

I am headed to the game in San Antonio next month, who else is rollin?

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This last week or two has been the most turbulent time we've seen as Rockets fans in a long time. All season long I've expected the cream to rise to the top after it all settles, so let's hope that happens starting now. It's time to make a season out of it!