1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bye Cluthfan, Bye Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweatseek, Oct 5, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Let's imagine if we were Rocket fans in the 40s after discovering about the concentration camps, and German Nationals for some reason were massive fans of the Rockets and the Rockets gm criticized the Nazi regime and people were upset over it.

That is what this is equivalent of. There is no valid point here. If you want to leave Rockets fandom because our gm criticized a nation that is currently forcing 2 million humans in rededucation camps forcing them to convert out of their religion then you are in the wrong. Not just in the wrong, but also morally repugnant.

There is no valid point here.

Nook, Pizza_Da_Hut and cmlmel77 like this.
  2. stanlam301

stanlam301 Contributing Member

This is a free country. People can express their opinion freely. Goodbye! Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out!

ashleyem and Jontro like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

4. apatel123

apatel123 Member

bye felicia

5. HROZ

HROZ Member

Okay only thing im making a stand on is those saying real fans need to be local Houston fans.

NBA is a global game and as an Australian who fell in love with basketball through Hakeem in the early 90s. Celebrated the 'ships. And was devastated we never saw Olajuwon vs Jordan in the finals.

Got excited then pessimistic for the Francis era. Believed in the Yao / Tmac era. And now rolling through the ups and downs of the Harden era.

But unfortunately has only been to 1 game. (In Golden State when both teams sucked (early 10s)

Kind of annoying to see my fandom disparaged

ChumpCity, Nook, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  6. Garner

Garner Member

Good. You will only find support for HK here.

Nook likes this.
  7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

The_Yoyo, CometsWin, Nook and 3 others like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Goodbye. However, if you ever change your mind, you’re welcome to come back. We have this thing called “freedom of speech.” It’s imperfect. You sometimes run into people who use that freedom in order to abuse others, but that doesn’t describe Daryl Morey. I think we’re lucky to have the guy as our GM, and I hope he remains with the Rockets for many, many years.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I guess he’s trying to earn points with the CCP. It is his atonement. What a sad, sad fellow. I hope he doesn’t end up in a forced labor camp. Maybe his “farewell” post will save him.

(Whoops - double post!)

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

OneMission Express is full anyways. No more room for you. Don't come crawling back for the parade in June.

CometsWin, Nook and ashleyem like this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

We have given up on you.

Nook likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

OP,

Who GAF what you think? One less poster on the board.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Cya jerk!

Nook likes this.
  14. Grydian

Grydian Member

To abandon a team over something like, supporting democracy as an american, we should not be ok with. It's a terrible reason to do anything and it goes against our very core. Democracy is our gift to the world. Respect that.

Nook likes this.
  15. smp

smp Member

Buh-Bye.

Uncle Les is gone. Thankfully, the Chinese govt. has less and less influence on the HOUSTON Rockets each year. Please drum up as much support to boycott the Rockets in China as possible. It's time for the team to focus on the fans at home for a while.

I think most of you are already on the Warriors bandwagon anyway.

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they actually believe and feel this stuff. It isnt some kind of theater. PRC has succeeded in imprinting their priorities on the population.

Nook and Deckard like this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Les taking the trophies was a b**** move.

Jontro likes this.
  18. dlite316

dlite316 Member

You keep on talking about two mil people were held in concentration campscamps. I studied and lived years in China and western societies. I get to read different sources. I cannot say the same about you. Do you even understand the Chinese language? Have you ever set foot in China?
    Perhaps you have been brainwashed.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The only other thing I want to comment regarding the retirement of OP from CF is :

I really hope you actually used a Huawei but not an Apple cellphone to type this farewell message.

Nook likes this.
  20. Monkeychef02

Monkeychef02 Member

Bye China, you are obviously not from H-Town