1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout candidates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theDude, Feb 18, 2016.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Joe Johnson would be great if bought out but I can't see him choosing to come here over Cleveland or OKC. I'm down to give Bargnani a shot though. We could use a bench scorer with Thornton gone.

2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Another iso-friendly player?

3. rocketsmetalspd

I hope so, maybe by March 1st. He can be on a playoff roster if bought off on March 1st. Don't know if the organization will do it though. Rockets will then have 3 roster spots to fill IF they do.

4. dmoneybangbang

We need someone who can score. Joe Johnson would be interesting off the bench in a 6th man role.

5. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I think Morey needs to take a shot a Bargnani and give the team a true stretch 4. I think that offensively it will give them the space they need.

6. rocketsmetalspd

It's worth taking a shot and see what he can do for this team. Maybe it will be a better fit for Bargnai playing for the Rockets. Will have decide on or by March 1st.

7. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Bargnani was just waived by the Nets today. He is a skilled 7-footer who can shoot and could work with the Rockets.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he'll play for free then they'll take a look at him, if he costs even the minimum then they won't because the most important thing to the team right now is not going into the luxury.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I just don't see the point.

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is even close to being picked up. It seems as if Les told Morey he would pay anything for a contender, and this team is not a contender. Get me back under the tax threshold. Morey got the message, and he turned some assets into the highest draft pick he could get for them. That's Morey's MO. If he has to trim the costs, he'll make sure he can get it back in the future via flexibility.

11. kevtse

kevtse Member

Novak is joining the Bucks :(

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Would have possibly loved Lee but he is going to Cuban. I have no idea who else we could possibly pick up. Les isn't exactly a spending man.

13. Raz

Raz Member

To make room for David Lee, Mavs will probably waive John Jenkins. He's worth a try.