1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are describing Tyler Johnson or Dion Waiters.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

DeBeards and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Worthless Bell

D-rock likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, 10-day contract makes me feel the Rockets didn’t offer him anything.

saleem, DeBeards and leebigez like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

10 day was for Uthoff.

DeBeards likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

#1507 ApacheWarrior, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

saleem, DeBeards and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You are probably right though that the Rockets offered something. Probably figures to get more playing time with Grizz.

Players may get healthy though and he risks getting cut at end of 10 days.

saleem, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Shall we sign back Faried , we can 15 to 20 percent for previous normal center method.
    I think he can play like westbrooks holding the ball to run into the rim to do slam dunk and do layup. If we only play only small ball method, once opponent finds a method to break, we do not have other ways to change. I think Faried do very good for caplea injuries last year and he plays Houston before. There is no difficulties for him to adapt our approach, also Harden still have a assist partner to do alley loop.

11. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

existing small ball method is good but it is easy to get hurt for Westbrooks or Gordon. Morey must sign one more backup players to ensure they are healthy in playoff. We lose 31 rebounds today. Knicks is a team not good at foul ball for field goals, otherwise we lose more points than that. Final minutes should not let Westbrooks to offense, Harden is more suitable as he can draw foul even unable to shoot in

12. bcast89

bcast89 Member

I know we have a ton of guards and he isn’t on a team right now but what about Jamal Crawford? I know the guy can still get buckets. Is he injured or something? Worth a look over most these other guys that are getting talked about

13. saleem

Does Anthony Randolph have a buyout in the future? He has matured, and could fit in as a center in Houston.
    @Nook

fattz and DeBeards like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need energy players I agree.

Green is long and skilled but is not an energy player. DMC is an energy player but is already 33 yrs old.

Rockets need long energy players that FIT into both the 5 Out offense AND switch everything defense.

Players like 6'9 Jonah Bolden (7'3 wingspan), 6'6 Justin Anderson (7'0 wingspan 43" vert) and 6'3 Tyler Johnson (42" vert).

All 3 players can create their own shot, shoot 3ball, rebound, rim protect and pass all while being catalytic disruptive switch everything defenders.

Our team is one of the oldest in NBA, they will have tired legs on B2B, after OT games and over long away schedule.

15. Nook

Nook Member

The last I heard Randolph told the Mavericks and Rockets that he would not come over without a guaranteed multi year contract and a promise of guaranteed minutes. He has it pretty good in Spain. He is well paid, has a penthouse paid for by the team and travels by private jet. Some discussion of him remaining over there post retirement and coaching. His family doesn't want to leave. Granted that was about a year ago that I heard that.

Also he is a Klutch client I believe which means he isn't coming over without guaranteed money.

fattz, joshuaao, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  16. saleem

Thanks Nook.

DeBeards, D-rock and Nook like this.
  17. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I would start wondering if players in Europe will reconsider coming here, this coronavirus epidemic is affecting them right now and looks to be getting worse and not better
    https://www.thejakartapost.com/news...orts-first-coronavirus-death-in-valencia.html

#1517 Poonwalker, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

The best player in the buyout market is Reggie Jackson.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

saleem likes this.