1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler/Rockets to meet early next week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end it's also true that reports said he was interested in Miami last season, and although the Rockets were going hard after him, we never got reports of him being interested in coming here, if that's ultimately true, i really wonder what made the Rockets feel so confident...and i also wonder if those rumors about James and Chris after the playoff are having a negative impact here...

thedreamsteam, Stormy1234 and malakas like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don’t care about degree of difficulty for Heat to get him. If he’d prefer Miami, let him go.

Ramo$e and the11mingdynasty like this.
  3. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

...if he heads to MIA, you have to assume that he's asking for a trade 12-18 months from now.

4. malakas

malakas Member

we have better assets than them. Philly is very likely to cooperate with us for a S+T but with Miami?
    No, unless Butler wants to take a discount.

Otherwise Miami will want Philly to give up on Reddick's bird rights and their NTMLE to complete it which Philly will tell them to gtfo

D-rock likes this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Miami is a super odd choice but whatever. I’m fine either way.

everyday eddie, Ramo$e and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i thought they were in a better position because of Richardson, which remains true in part, because he would be a perfect player for Philly, but they have way less picks than i thought, and more difficult/bad contracts to move...and i mean, if for some reason they even move Winslow with Richardson (assuming that's even possible, now i don't know), they'll be left with no picks, Butler and Bam on the roster, no more players to move in a trade...and Butler would be still forced to take a paycut? Eh...

joshuaao, RichieBanks and JK0nG like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

if butler wants Miami it isn’t about winning so don’t let the barren roster concern you. He’s likely fine with that, just wants to be there because he wants that lifestyle and that organization

9. malakas

malakas Member

Philly will NEVER accept a simple two team S+T trade unless Butler on his own takes a 16 mil discount.

So it will have to be a 3 team trade which means they will have to find a real sucker to take on albatross contracts.
    At least we have Capela and Gordon and if nothing else , at the very least some team will take them for nothing. But THEY will have to pay to dumb theirs. And also pay Philly to cooperate.

D-rock, BigMaloe, luckyman76 and 5 others like this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hopefully Kawhi has made up his mind by then. This could be good - if Kawhi goes somewhere other than LAL, meet with Butler. If Kawhi goes to LAL, cancel meeting, trade Harden, start over.

RichieBanks likes this.
  11. izeroi

izeroi Member

That would be the only reason. Ryno, Whiteside, and Dragic all come off the books after next season but the list of FA's consist of the likes of Lowry, Demar, Green, and Drummond. You're not winning anything if Butler is your best players paired with any of those.

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I would have taken it. I remember being at work on edge of hitting pure nirvana.

But on the real Bosh wasn’t the only time they have been reckless with our plans.

13. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

No respect move on ASAP

Rockets basically begging & saying they will trade the whole team for him and we don’t even get the first meeting!!!!!!!

why we didn’t know he has BEEF with his family here!!!

Ramo$e and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. JD88

JD88 Member

Like...?

15. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

@BeardNation13

16. fattz

fattz Member

DM vs Pat Riley

One has fist full of rings the other..,

17. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

Maybe we get the second meeting because Harden wont be back from his Adidas tour

rocketman84 likes this.
  18. tc0330

tc0330 Member

if butler goes to miami it wont be bc the team itll be bc the damn city. if only houston had a tropical beach instead of f*cking galveston lol..

ArtV and justtxyank like this.
  19. JK0nG

JK0nG Member

I remember it being talked about one of the previous times we were going after Jimmy, that he wasn't fond of his family here and thus "coming home" would likely be more of a negative than a positive. Surprised I haven't heard anything about it this time in the media.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think Dragic could be moved very easily to the Mavs, Suns or Pacers in a 3-way deal for free.

Dragic to Mavs for pure cap space

Winslow to 76ers

Butler to Miami

Win for everybody, Miami's roster wouldn't be pretty at all this season, but next season they could retool decently around Butler with Whiteside/Anderson expiring, and Waiters/Johnson becoming expiring deals.

malakas likes this.