1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler only wants trade to Clips, Nets, or Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacman, Sep 19, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

from their perspective, they probably just want to be able to play together first and figure out the rest from there

2. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Only because those GMs have been willing to gamble on all-star rentals. I think it's a bit much to argue that players' destination preferences have no influence on where they get traded. If that were true, we wouldn't have gotten Chris Paul (or TMac, others).

3. Sanity2disChaos

Exactly!!! He requested a trade to teams that won’t trade for him due to obvious reasons !! The teams he wants to supposedly go to are light years away from doing anything of importance!! Non championship contenders. He doesn’t care for younger players ..... I think he is allowing who ever to come in and low ball the hell out of the wolves , claiming rental on their part. If by chance the Rockets are truly in the mix then I can see us giving the best trade back for a “rental” of Butler. Something like Ego, Zhou and a first or two might be enough for a “rental”.

Then we sign him long term!!

Morey you sly fox!!

fckbandwagons and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Didn't he say he was unhappy because the other players in Minnesota aren't wired the same way he is and aren't reaching for greatness? Because those teams don't strike me as three teams full of guys reaching for greatness.

His list should be Houston, LA, Utah, Boston, Philly and maybe Toronto if he is looking for guys that are reaching for greatness.

cheke64 and kjayp like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They'll have fun. Living life in either NY or LA with your good friend who's also a star player sounds pretty damn appealing. Especially considering his current situation in Minny with a star teammate he doesn't like. They might not compete for a ring but they would still make a good team, likely a top 4 team in either conference.

NY has Porzingis too, so a trio of Irving/Butler/Porzingis could be really nice depending on how good KP gets.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Butler just wants a 5 year extension in a big media market. Let him lose for the rest of his career.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't even consider those "i want to win, that's what matters to me" anymore...every player says that every ****ing time and then you see Lebron going to the Lakers, George staying in OKC...Butler will probably end up on the Clippers or the Nets waiting for Kawhi or Irving...eh, whatever.

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Talk about the weakest teamup in some time if it's not on the Knicks.

These are both Robin players.

I'm not sure how far they think they will get with that one. I wouldn't put them over the Celtics, 6ers, or even the Raptors if they keep Kawhi.

Bucks could get better too...

If they all team up on the Knicks, that has a lot more potential I guess with Porzingis there.

9. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

‘I want to get paid. If you trade for me and you’re a contender, I want max money. Don’t low-ball me.’

Jimmy Butler

10. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Exactly this. Who gives a **** if we are on his list or not. You do the deal. You try to win a title this year. If he walks, he walks, no big freaking deal. Flags fly forever. Butler for Tucker/Gordon and a pick makes sense for the 1 shot at a title and the shot at selling him on the organization. If he doesn't like that I'm sure Morey can find a way to vulture production to match what we'd have gotten from a 34 year old Tucker, EGo with 1 year left on his deal and the 30th pick in the draft. It's completely inconsequential to me what Butler wants if I'm Morey putting together a deal.

Y2JT likes this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

Melo threads > butler threads.
    need more melo!

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Cancel this thread!

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Kidding guys relax

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lol overrated jimmy thinks he’s Durant

Little Bit, kjayp and javal_lon like this.
  15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol give it up guys he is not coming here. if they trade him it would probably be to the east.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Have fun in 3 years dealing with that NY media market Jimmy! ... Cause they gonna be on your ass when your borderline All-Star skills erode... I can hear Stephen A Smith now screaming at the top us his lungs, " Get him the hell outta NY"...Lol

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

we won't get butler simply because those crappy teams will sell the farm to get him

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

RIP Butler to Rockets dreams: 9/18/2018 - 9/19/2018

kjayp and jamisonrocket like this.
  19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The Houston Howcomehedontwantmemans.

:confused:

izeroi likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wait a minute. So Butlers a loser? That doesn't sound very Houstonian- like to me.