1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

So when can we expect a resolve to all of this mess? When will Asik be not matched and we finally go hard for Dwight. When?

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

You lost me at ORL wants scrub like Jordan Hill and Devin Ebanks.

3. moreyball

moreyball Member

Hoping we end up trading CLee for at least a first rounder so we can trade the 1st instead of lamb and/or white

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This ain't classy. Duh!lon is class.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'll clarify the consensus - please copy paste this to Lakersundergound.fantasy.whatever.

Ebanks + Hill < day old bread < sliced fresh bread < Martin's expiring contract < Rockets 2012 draft picks < Rockets Dallas & Toronto picks

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This ^^^^^

Especially if all the Magic want is picks, which LA DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE TO SUPPLY!!!

Everything the OP described is what we have, young cheap guys + picks to go the OKC route of building a team. The Lakers would have to use a third team to fascilitate for the picks and if they in fact do what do they get?

Besides the satisfaction of helping make yet again another super team.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Gortat had shown flashes offensively and defensively.

Asik has shown that he is a terrible offensive player, and at 26 isn't likely to get appreciably better.

In my mind, I can't quit seeing him get passes thrown to him right under the basket, and him fumbling them out of bounds.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

Houston likes Bynum a lot... He listed Houston as one of the teams he would extend with. Houston is down with him.

9. ktex

ktex Member

Rox like Bynum better than DH? That flies in the face of everything Morey has said about needing a superstar player.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I really like what Asik brings to the table. At 7'1, his athletic and physical, he can rebound and block shots. He will look great next to Motiejunas in the front line for years to come.

11. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

When can we expect a resolve?

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Assuming we get Asik, can this team potentially be better than the Bulls?

How much do you guys think we upgraded? Because I believe we're a lot better than last year. We are faster, stronger, and lengthier in every way. Only thing that needs to develop is team chemistry (and back-up center position).

I think we can be much better than the Bulls. I think in a lot of ways we can be similar.

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

People believe Ebanks has a lot of upside... He has also shown great flashes but has never been able to show them in LA...

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hmm... I don't think you are telling us anything new, except for the fact that Chicago is not matching.

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

NEVER said that... How do words get twisted???

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I can believe we might want Bynum over Howard.

17. Ahorton0222

Ahorton0222 Member

Am I the only one who doesn't want Bynum or Howard???

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

Someone told me by Friday... But who knows... I don't believe anything at this point. But I was told BY Friday...

Don't put much into it.

19. ktex

ktex Member

No trying to twist words. I asked - If they love the pieces we have, why not make the deal directly with us

and you responded: Houston likes Bynum a lot... He listed Houston as one of the teams he would extend with. Houston is down with him.

So, I inferred that you were implying that we preferred Bynum over Howard since you didn't really answer the original question.

1 person likes this.
  20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

God Bless "Twist of the Knife" Morey ! (N Y this one's for you!)

Without DH or Bynum this is still one exciting experiment. Changgggggggg...eeesss!!

Four first rounders who all can ball in one year, (d-Mo) plus Lin and Asik. WOW !