1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

This is my perfect world as well. I think this is a pretty darn good team with a very bright future.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Morey for freakin GM of the year. He has done an admirable job. All the haters should shut up now, even if we don't get Howard.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So right now we're at:

Lin, Douglas/Livingston
    Martin, Lamb
    Parsons, White
    D-Mo, Jones
    Asik, Patsquatch

Still need an actual backup center, but either way I'm more inclined to watch this team than last year's team.

4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I dont know whats going to happen, but with all the new pieces - Lin, Lamb, White, Jones, Donuts, and Asik this team is going to be interesting (and hopefully fun) to watch this season.

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

It seems almost like a trick. Like Chicago is like, we wont match. THe rockets get cold feet and pull the contract. Then, bam! Chicago signs him for the minimum. They're trying to use the opposite strategy than new yorks "we will match up to 1 billion dollars".

theyre trying to out morey morey. Little do they know that they are playing checkers.

6. eugenekjw96

eugenekjw96 New Member

How good is Asik? Does his contract justify his true value?

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Absolutely not. Since I wouldn't pay Asik $5M/year, I really don't like it, but it is what it is.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

People! You realize the cap hit in year 3 of the Lin contract will be around 8 Mil not 15. The hit to the cap space is averaged over the duration of the contract, doesn't matter if we front load or backload in relation to our capspace for the future. Have you not been paying attention to this Jeremy Lin saga?

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

They can't sign him for the minimum... Once that contract is signed with Houston, it is that SAME contract or NOTHING.

No going back and pulling a stunt.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

What do you mean with 'someone like you' For all we know he might be Morey's brother/ best friend. He could even be Chandler Parsons, or Les Alexander.

11. FranchiseReDeux

Remind me to never enter into a contract with you.

Changing structure of an agreed upon contract is shady unless all sides are involved - in this case it includes the Bulls - and if done will most likely involve a lawsuit in which the Bulls would win.

Reason being: you cannot make a contract which intentionally leads someone else - the Bulls - to make a decision. This is different than the Lin dealings because the details of Lin's contract changed prior to him signing. Additionally, changing the contract constitutes a new offer which, if Asik wanted to, could decline.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

It all depends on how he develops. Right now he doesn't seem to be worth it. On the other hand he as shown promise (just like gortat did in Orlando)

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's just business. I don't think any other team minds seeing the Knicks get screwed, anyway.

14. gah

gah Member

As a starting center? Yes

As Dwight's back-up? Nope

15. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Don't believe in everything they say yet. Just like the Knicks said they would match up to a billion.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he develops well for us he would be an easy contract to trade if it became necessary.

17. corby

corby Contributing Member

The responsible thing for Chicago to do would be to wait the full 3 days. Nine years ago, they lost their franchise point guard in an offseason motorcycle accident.

If they declined to match on day 1, and then a similar fate befell Joakim Noah the next day, they would be in a bad position.

18. FranchiseReDeux

Edited for clarity

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

So can this be official today?

20. cyberx

cyberx Member

Anytime... I am going to give you more as I can.

I know LA is the front runner for Dwight. Was seen at a Dodgers game last night and is opening up to LA.

Hennigen told me (OKC GM) that he is looking to rebuild. Doesn't want Bynums contract or anyones at all. Rebuild the way OKC did. Picks and picks... He doesnt want to be good in year 1, 2, or even 3. Just get pieces each and every year.

Jordan Hill hasn't signed with the Lakers neither has Ebanks. Both told they could be in S&T. Orlando likes both.