1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls looking to trade for Melo and the Knicks are listening.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Madclownpacasum, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Madclownpacasum

Melo for Butler sounds good for both teams.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you have a link for this story?

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd rather have Butler.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah well..besides that there are no sources for this story Melo has a NTC.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Broussard is that you?

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Bulls should go after Gay

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This is a bad thread.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Anthony bout to show he is on LerBon's level?

9. dmorey

dmorey Member

go on...

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

And I thought I was drunk last night

11. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Haha journalism..

12. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

This thread needs more sauce....too bland.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

OP is a mad clown, what did you guys expect?

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He already has the full max contract. Now he can take that contract to a legit championship contender. Its a nobrainer. If somehow both teams find a trade that works.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can't argue the "no sources", but Melo wanted to go to Chicago. Just not for substantially less than what New York was forced to pay.

Would he want to go to the Bulls team that would have to trade significant players / salaries to get him? Kinda like Kobitch trying to force the Lakers to send him to Chicago; they had to sit him down and say, "Yes, it can happen, but basically it'd be you and a bunch of white pasty YMCA guys left in the Windy City wearing the Bulls jersey."

EDIT: If we're going to waste time posting about this, could there at least be a source of some kind? All I could find was a b.s. click-bait article with nothing substantive:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...er-to-engaging-in-carmelo-anthony-trade-talks

#15 ROXTXIA, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

it makes no sense for melo or the knicks to stay together. best for both to part ways this season.

i could see melo's list being something like: CHI, CLE, GSW, HOU, LAC, and MIA

the knicks will probably scratch off the cavs, clippers, and warriors as they have nothing substantial to offer. although surprisingly all 3 teams can get the deal done for melo without touching their best players.

the best offer (that works on the trade machine) from the remaining teams might be:
    bulls - mirotic, mcdermott, portis, taj, picks
    heat - deng, birdman, chalmers picks
    rockets - ariza, bev, KJ, TJ, picks

the bulls have the best offer as far as young players. the heat have the expiring contracts. the rockets have the picks, but would have to find a 3rd team to convert ariza and bev into young players or picks and expiring contracts.

the easiest/best route for melo and the knicks is the bulls.

17. malakas

malakas Member

I don't know who the OP is and how credible he is (I sincerely doubt he has any shred of credibillity) but another so called source is Lowe who made a speculation of his own.
    It is definitely an interesting scenario to speculate about because it is very feasible to happen in the end.
    The NTC I posted referred to the fact that the market for Melo is extremely limited. The Knicks can't ask for Butler back!
    The pool of teams that Melo himself will accept to be traded to is extremely limited in the first place and that's without takig the contracts for matching purposes.
    And in the end it all rests on Melo. He must want to be traded himself first and foremost.
    If the Bulls give all that for Melo then they will not have a frontcourt. Noah and Pau can't play well next to each other as proven by this year and Noah is expiring and if he repeats the perfomance he had this year don't be surprised if he isn't resigned.
    The Heat's offer is basically capspace, and they can't even trade picks at this point. But capspace at this time is NOT valuable esp for a NY team without Melo and devoid of talent.
    The rockets offer is also too rich.

Expiring contracts are not valuable because all teams will have huge capspace, there will be very limited number of free agents and most rfa will get resigned without even have the opportunity to test free agency. So what good does it do to NY? It won't have a star to try to lure other stars or good talent. It will just be one of the rest of rebuilding teams with huge capspace and nowhere to spend it on.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Same.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Declining overweight injured ex-star on the biggest contract in the NBA for Jimmy who is already better than Fat Melo? OP was under influence when he made this.

Ty, is it you? I thought you only posted on Reddit. Welcome to clutchfans

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How are you today, young lady? I can see you're in good spirits.