1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls get two top players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, Feb 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Crumbs Krause and Satan Reinsdorf are kicking a$$ right now. They just traded Toni Kukoc for a top 5 pick in the draft, plus they have a very good chance at the number one pick. Could it be possible, could they get the 1st and 2nd picks in the same year? They have a dream situation and already have Brand and Artest; don't forget about Matt "Hall O' Famer" Maloney also. So their lineup could look like this next year
    C:Mihm
    PF:Brand
    SF:Artest
    SG:Richardson
    PG:free agent
    Of course they don't have to pick Mihm and Richardson with their 2 top 5 picks, but that's who I've heard they like alot. I don't think they would pick Martin because he is a PF and they already have Brand, but then again they could go with two PF-type players. I'd rather have a true center though. Dammit Rockets why can't you trade for a top 5 pick? I expect the Rocks to be the last playoff team or the last lottery pick, and that is a far cry from where the Bulls have picks this year. The Rockets are just better than most lottery teams and won't have a high pick. They could also pick up Detroit's pick for a mid-first round pick around 16-19. Who do yall think da Bulls will pick and who the Rocks will pick. By the way, I really like Desmond Mason and Marcus Fizer right now, especially Fizer.

[This message has been edited by SooneRockStro (edited February 17, 2000).]

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There is one sure fire way to blow Top 3 draft picks in the NBA...and that is to go for need rather best player.

Reaching for a center in the top 3 is the most common mistake in the league. I'm not saying Mihm is a mistake. I'm saying if you believe Martin has more value in the NBA than Mihm, you pick him first. Always pick the best in top draft slots.

You can always trade them later if they excel, but are clashing with Brand.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited February 17, 2000).]

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I definitely think Mihm will be a bust. I think the Bulls should take Martin, but I think they will go with Quentin Richardson instead. I think Richardson is an awesome talentand if I were a Bulls fan I would be ecstatic with either. I just hope the Rocks don't take Mihm if they are in the top 5 or 6, which is unlikely. Marcus Fizer kicks a$$ and so does Desmond Mason. Big 12 really has some stars and the Rocks should take one of them in my opinion with a mid-round pick. Also, don't forget about Troy Murphy if he comes out.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Actually, I think Chicago draft situation is a little different than you suggest. They traded Golden State for the Wizards' draft pick, which I would guess would land around 10. It is also protected if it is top 3. But they have their own pick which is certain to be top 5, and I read somewhere that they have someone else's first round pick as well, though I don't know who they got it from. So they'll probably draft one great player and two really good players.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The article said the Warriors number 1 and I assumed that meant their own pick. Still good though for the Bulls. They could still get the #1 and #4 because Washington seriously sucks. If Washington is a top 3 pick then what happens to the pick.

6. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

If it's a top 3 pick this coming draft, then the Bulls get the 2001 first rounder from the Wizards unconditionally.

7. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

That is just peanut gallery sooner smack (I could have used less polite terms), Mihm is going to be a good player. For a guy his size he has decent coordination, which is all it takes in that package. He isn't a Tim Duncan or Shaq, but he is a notch above Will Perdue, Erik Dampier, Big Country or Montross, and there are starting NBA jobs for guys a little better than them.

An interesting part of this trade is if really you think of it 1) the Bulls could have had Hughes and instead chose the Wash pick (likely to be the #4 or $5 pick). 2) GS parted with the Wash pick in order to get Hughes. Time will tell who was right about this.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Loosing Kukoc appears to have solidify the Bulls run at the top lottery spot. The Bulls have only won 2 games without him and are very likely to only win a handful from here on.

9. TraJ

TraJ Member

It definately can't be the Warriors own pick because that's going to Orlando (from the Webber/Hardaway deal).

10. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Please, don't label Sooner fans. I'm not going to attack Texas fans because 1. This board is bias towards UT and 2. There is no point. I just wish you would retract that statement. Also, Mihm will be a good player not a great player in the NBA, I don't have anything bad to say about him cause he does well in the College ranks.

Desmond Mason, Najera, and anyone of the Big 12 stars are very impressive and I would be overjoyed if the rockets would get them.

--Rocketman

11. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I don't want to get into another Okie-Texas thing either. However I am not going to retract what I said because I think it was a pretty gentle comment about what was a fairly obvious & biased shot at Mihm. Personally, I think Najera would be a good second round pick, better than Muoneke. Mason and Raymond might be worth a look as 2nd rounders as well. But Mihn will go much sooner (no pun intended), as he should based on skill and potential NBA production and longevity

12. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Chicago's third #1 pick is San Antonio's from the Steve Kerr trade.

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Sir Scarvajal: It was not "Sooner smack". I've have always stood by my statement that Mihm will be a bust. I never even mentioned OU in my post because I know that all you TU fans will turn it into a OU-TU arguement. "Mihm sucks" is an unbiased opinion. I really do think he sucks. If I was so biased towards OU then why would I complement Desmond Mason who is from OUr arch-rival OSWho Aggies? Please don't try to turn this into a stupid OU-TU arguement.

Rocketman: I think we should just stick to talking about players other than Najera on this one. I love him too, but there is no way we can talk about him or OU without being the enemy.

Everybody: I really wasn't looking for another OU vs. TU battle but I guess I will get one. I really wanted this post to be unbiased and about OUr favorite team and how the Bulls will do. I guess I should change my UserName so I won't just be labled a Sooner when I make a post about a TU player. By the way, Muoneke is better than Mihm, though he needs to work on his temper flares. By the way SS, Raymond is classified as a sophomore but has 3 years left. He won't be coming out anytime soon. Infact I think he will be one of the top PGs in the draft a few years from now.

14. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Soonerockstro,

Did you go to a&m? If not, why do you refer to Texas as TU? I don't know you, but I think you're a geek.

Do you also like to do the upside horn hand signal? I thought so.

I know you're from Oklahoma but can't you try to be original at all? Go buy an ounce of creativity instead of riding the coattails of everybody elses rides. Loser.

Also, NOBODY knows for sure who's going to be great or not in the pros. Just think of all the busts (Sam Bowie over Jordan) and the second rounders that are now awesome.

15. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

These "my school's players are better than your school's players" arguments are VERY boring. I put my pom-poms away a long time ago.

16. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

You go booyyy!!!

17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Kagy: I never intended it to be a OU-TU thing. I have refrained from OU-TU talk until sir scarvajal brought it up. I can't speak for Rocketman's comments. I never said that "My critique of Mihm is objective, but anyone who criticizes Najera is just biased against OU." I just told Rocketman not to talk about Najera or OU because we will be made out to be the enemy.

RocketFreak: You think by calling me a geek that you are the man. If I went to A&M why would I have the word Sooner in my user name? Your comments were totally uncalled for bud.

Please delete this post Kagy, it sickens me that we cannot have a conversation without turning it into a OU-UT thing.

[This message has been edited by SooneRockStro (edited February 18, 2000).]

18. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

From SooneRockStro:

From me:

Jeez. How dense can anybody get?

You tell me. If you were in my position-- an admin who has made repeated, simple requests, only to see them ignored-- what would you do?

If you asked anyone who had further comment to email you, and instead, they made another post containing the same things you'd already asked them to avoid, what would you do?

Unbelievable.

19. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Damnit.

We have been over this before.

NO MORE UT-OKLAHOMA BULL****.

Am I understood?

You can say Mihm might be a bust. You can say you don't think Najera has the goods to make it in the NBA.

But I do not want to read another frigging post stating:

* Sooner fans are geeks

* UT should be spelled TU

* This board is "biased" towards UT-- what a crock. You were warned not to make any more posts on the subject, and the day after OU whipped UT, you did exactly that.

* "My critique of Mihm is objective, but anyone who criticizes Najera is just biased against OU"

Cut it the hell out. I'm sick of it. Both sides need to either leave the issue alone, or find another board to visit.

If there are any questions, email me at kagy@clutchcity.net. But you can probably guess what the answer's going to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.