1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Bullard has Back Spasms--hmmmm!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 1, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cato is eligible to come off IR now. But we have 12 players on the active roster...no room! Bullard went to the hospital with back spasms...hmmmmm.

Could this mean Cato swaps seats with Bullard? Not Hakeem? Not Devin?

Is Bullard, our player who executes picks the best, and can make you pay for leaving him, worth less than Devin?

Or....is this the first sign of real tanking by removing one of your clear bench contributors, and a veteran who rarely makes mental mistakes and smoothly compliments Francis on pick-n-rolls, and other set plays?

regardless, I'm thrilled someone came down with back spasms, or it would be Hakeem moving to IR.

2. Robjos

Robjos Member

Ahh I Dont Believe that Bullard going down is a cause for celebrating.. With all The injuries that houston has been through, this hurts them in every way... because there is no doubt that bullard is a great 3 point shooter and missing him is bad... Hakeem is old... he should retire....

------------------
    Rockets... The Key to the Future is now. Robjos Creations

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

When Matt Bullard going down suddenly raises speculation that the Rockets are "tanking", you know we are in serious, serious trouble.

God help the franchise.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I wouldn't say that Bullard never makes mental mistakes. As soon as he tries to dribble the ball, and shoot anything other than a spot-up 3-pointer, that's a mental mistake in my book. I can't stand it when he does that.

5. TheFreak

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Cato to come back. The paper this morning said that he has been out of town, so the team won't know if he's ready to play or not until he gets back. Short of a family emergency, shouldn't he be at home rehabbing his "injury", rather than going out of town?

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Freak, I believe he was out of town due to the death or illness of a friend or something like that. It was in the paper yesterday. As for the injury, it was a twisted ankle -- what do you do to rehab that?

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Matt Bullard == Charles Jones

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

8. TheFreak

Juan --

I believe that qualifies as a family emergency, so disregard that last point. As for how to rehab the ankle -- electronic stimulation, icing...he could also be lifting weights, practicing shooting, things that don't necessarily help the ankle but would definitely ease his transition back into the lineup. It's a moot point anyway, as it sounds like he had some important matters to tend to.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Making room for the roster? Yeahs right!

It's soooooo obvious Bullard just broke his back trying to prove Surf wrong.

10. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

it could be worse, what if we were talking about Bryce Drew?