1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulked up Reggie Miller, huh?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PhiSlammaJamma, May 26, 2000.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

It appears as though the new "bulked" up Reggie Miller and his "sissy" version of basketball are finally going to make the Finals. He's the greatest woman to ever lace 'em up in my opinion. It's his persistent kicking, scratching, and elbows that are a joke around the league, and yet, his game is about to go to the highest level. I'm just glad the Pacers didn't make it when the Rockets did because they were horrible that year. New York is the bigger city and made for a physical series in 93'94. They had even less talent than the Pacers, but they had heart and left it on the court. That was the type of series you want to watch if your a true basketball fan. Indiana deserves to go this year, don't get me wrong, but they play girly ball. Miller is a great player, clutch too, but he needs to add some real bulk and toughness before he earns a title. He has all the talent in world when he comes off those double screens, but it's time to stop playing like a girl and play like a man. Then, and only then, he would gain some respect around the league. I'm just hoping the finals isn't boring because Miller Time gets wimpy. In '96 he sat out four games because of a Thorpe elbow. please. It's time for Reggie to toughen up a bit.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

"Bulked" up Reggie Miller?

Reggie Miller couldn't bulk up if he was intraveneously injected with Crisco.

What's he going to do when he changes into Cheryl Miller? He'll lose his girlish figure!

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

3. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Rocket River,

LOL about the "Half Farengi" comment. [​IMG]

I'd disagree with you about his inability to create his own shots. In last night's game for example, I saw him burn Spree (a good defender) off the dribble a couple of times with explosiveness that you just don't expect from a 34 yr old.

As for the quick release, good shot, and moving well without the ball . . . well, I wish some of our boys could learn some of these skills. There's nothing wrong with treating this game like a team sport [​IMG]

------------------

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I have no problems with Reggie. I think he's one of the leagues best shooters and I usually cheer for him when he's playing.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited May 26, 2000).]

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There's three things that really bug me about Reggie Miller.

1. That whole whining spiel about New York not giving us respect. BooHooHoo. Try making the finals at least once, and maybe they'll consider it.

2. Whenever they win a game on TNT, and his damn sister comes out to interview him. Gee, I wonder if she's just a little biased.

3. Whenever I see the Pacers, I can't help but think of matronix/ej.

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in mid-June, for now visit www.eesite.com)

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Rocketman95,
    Cheryl always does the on court interviews after games on TNT. At least most of the games I have watched she has.

Reggie sure is a $hit talker alright. But you have to hand it to him, he is smart. He definitely can talk some opponents out of their games. He is also the 2nd best flopper and actor behind Stockton. I don't care for his antics too much, but I like to watch him play.

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I understand that, but I'm pretty sure she's not the only one. How about having Craig Seger (sp? right name?) doing Pacers games?

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in mid-June, for now visit www.eesite.com)

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Every time i see Reggie
    I think of QUARK from STAR TREK DEEP SPACE NINE

Then man is Half Farengi or something

any who . . all he has is a sweet shot and
    Quick release. . his defense has always been
    suspect [adequate at best].

and all he does is run a figure 8 all game
    off picks. . . doesn't create his own shot
    all THAT well.

Rocket River