1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buc-ee's opens up largest store in Madisonville, Texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by scv_rockets, May 14, 2009.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Maybe it is just me, but I would have written your responses differently.

<i>
    I know. It blows my mind that there <b>aren't</b> 5 of them in Bryan/College Station.</i>

<hr>
    <i>
    It was sarcasm based on the question asking why <b>are</b> they only open in "redneck" areas.</i>

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've bought stuff from Woody's before (see one of my previous posts above), but the jerky I tried there was just so-so. It tasted over-preserved or salted or something. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. I've had their turkey, beef, elk, etc. jerky. This is why I'm going to try Buc-ee's the next time I come back to Dallas from Houston (which should be in a week or two). The best jerky I ever had was some jerky a manager of mine made in his dehydrator at home. I've thought about making some at home, but not sure it's worth it - I hate the fact jerky's so dang expensive.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well hell, if this isn't reason enough of a post for me to stop off at one, I don't know what is!

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The one in Madisonville is Shell, I believe. But there're 2 Exxons nearby. :D

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I went to the Madisonville Buc-ee's this weekend and well... this place is freaky. It's like a more advanced and better lit Woody's Smokehouse (in Centerville, if you've been). Talking wooden Indians and cowboys trying to sell you t-shirts scaring and scaring the hell out of you. :mad: :(

So anyway, there was lots of jerky (various kinds), lots of fudge that they let you try before you buy, tons of junk food (I mean seriously, camo-colored popcorn - when you see that, you know you're in the "country"), t-shirts and various crap, a typo/misspelling on one of their signs (come on people), a coffee station, cheesy gifts/t-shirts/mugs, etc., and a sandwich/deli station where you input your order on touchscreens and wait for them to call out your number when it's ready. It was packed. The Exxon across the street that used to be packed was empty (bye bye Exxon across the street).

The place was huge - I spent about 20 minutes in there looking around. And after all that, all I got was some iced tea from the refrigerated section and left. I didn't even check out their great bathrooms. I should've bought some jerky, but didn't. Oh well, maybe next time.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

what was the misspelling, dod?

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Finally went and yes, the bathrooms are really clean and that's great if you're hauling the kids and need a place to stop...However, they sell everything in the sun and it's kind of expensive...spent $30 on crap...

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

everything in their deli and bakery is so freakin good. not to mention (which has been mentioned 20 times already) their restrooms are downright immaculate.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Actually it was an unnecessary apostrophe on a sign near their coffee from what I recall. I don't remember the word. Don't worry, I think the place is still respectable. :D

10. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Went there for the first time going down to Houston from Dallas and this place is awesome! It was almost overwhelming when trying to figure out what you want cause this place has everything. As mentioned before, the bathrooms were spotless, and every stall and urinal has hand sanitizer next to it, and the stalls even had toilet wipes.

The one this woodys does have is their smokehouse. They're smoked chicken and bacon wrapped quail is amazing!! Brisket isnt the best, but its good for the amount you get. I think its something like 8.99 for 1 pound. Everyone there orders the pork chops so I'll have to try that the next time i pass by there.

Damn you Buccees and Woodys! You're making the drive to and from Houston longer now!!

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Thank goodness Swoly-D wasn't with you. He probably would've started going into convulsions.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Finally went. They need to add Buccees to the thingswhitepeoplelike.com list

13. VanityHalfBlack

Really gettin sick of people wearing those Buc-ee's t-shirts...

14. rudan

rudan Member

Agreed. Its one thing liking a truck stop because it has good food and clean bathrooms. Its a little weird to flaunt a T-shirt of said truck stop like its a hip experience to go that truck stop. At first I thought it was a red neck thing, but now I'm seeing preppy kids wear that crap. I guess its like that douche Ashton Kutcher wearing trucker caps.

On a side note, that place in Centerville(Woody's?) has some real good BBQ. I went through there a few months ago not expecting much and was really surprised how good the BBQ was :)

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I guess it depends on the location, because I was at a Buc-ee's in Alvin the other day and it was nothing special, besides being really clean. It was obvious it was some other type of store before.