1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buc-ee's opens up largest store in Madisonville, Texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by scv_rockets, May 14, 2009.

1. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

They probably thought it was a better business decision than putting one in the inner city.

It was originally a store that they purposely put on major roads leading in and out of Houston, so people traveling could have a decent place to stop and not feel the need to soak themselves in anti-bacterial soap when they leave.

Also, "rednecks", as you so ignorantly speak of people who live in the country, dont feel the need to go into Buc-ee's and try to hold them at gunpoint for a few hundred dollars.

Therefore it is cheaper to maintain their cleanliness and security, and still make a good profit with their below average prices on snacks and deli foods.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well that's your saving grace! The rest of your post was kooky. :p

Well, I guess I'll try Bucceeee's next time and see what's so great. I don't really munch on snack food, though. Maybe if they have some beef jerky, I'll try it. But Centerville has Woody's for all the weird canned foods and foods in jars, and everything else for your junk food delight. Plus it's the self-proclaimed jerky capital of the world (man, do they have all kinds of jerky - beef, turkey, elk, venison, etc).

BTW, if anybody wants one of these :

[​IMG]

(Link to Amazon.com)

and you're passing through Centerville, Woody's on the east side of the freeway has them. Not sure if the Woody's on the west side does. :D

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I know. It blows my mind that there isn't 5 of them in Bryan/College Station.

4. cson

cson Contributing Member

Not with that attitude mister!

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Driving towards San Antonio.. there are a couple I see. There's one just off of New Braunfels.. I think one close to Sealy.. I'm not exactly sure though. But yeah, they have such large facilities... easily the best and biggest convenient stores, best bathrooms BAR NONE.

6. Poloshirtbandit

I drove to Dallas last week and coming back yesterday the sign still said "open soon."

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

This place is less than 10 miles from Woody's, which has far superior BBQ.

Side note- I was at the original Bucees in Lake Jackson with a couple of girls about 12 years ago and met Charlie Pride. He gave us a tour of his tour bus- I'm sure it's because of the chicks I was with, but it was pretty cool.

8. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

9. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

QFT.

Woody's>>>>>>>>>Buc-ee's

Especially when they make it a point to proclaim their support of the Texans over that JV squad in Arlington.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This statement has FAIL written all over it.

11. leroy

It was sarcasm based on the question asking why they only open in "redneck" areas.

12. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

13. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Beaver nuggets are greeeeeeat!

14. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

Buc-ees is huge and have a variety of items. I like it.

15. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Stopped by this place today on my way back to Dallas from Houston. Had to pee and it was good timing. It's huge, packed with people, and has 32 gas pumps, only two of which were open, one of which was already out of gas. Restrooms are super clean, as advertised in this thread. Lots of fun Texas-type souvenirs like lettered steak-brands. Has a nice-looking deli.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well you haven't lived son...oh wait...

I just saw this the other day but didn't stop...i'll be going to Houston this weekend so I'll make a pitstop..see what all the fuss is about...

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Woody's (I think this is the place I am thinking of) has GREAT jerky....

The Buc-ee's in Freeport is a pretty cool store.

18. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I thought all of the Buc-ees sold Shell gas....not the Evil-E?

I like ordering burritos on the touch screen, and I love jolly rancher flavored Icees. They have the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted that weren't home made...and if your idea of home-made is toll house, buc-ees easily beats that. When you are on a road trip, buc-ees is an absolute oasis. And spotless restrooms and 20 lbs of ice for 99 cents doesn't suck either. And the Luling one is always full of hot, skanky white trash girls who are young enough to still have all of their teeth.

19. leroy

And?

I thought it was funny that an aggie was asking the question "Why do they only open these in redneck areas?" when they don't have one in College Station. What don't you people get?

20. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I suppose I should revise my statement... The two Buc-ees I stop at between Austin and Houston (Giddings and Eagle Lake) sell Exxon - I can't vouch for all of them and their gasoline preferences.