1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BTW What is Hakeem's status

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treeman, Jul 12, 2000.

1. treeman

treeman Member

I have a hard time thinking of him as just a downtown investor...

Does anyone here have his Health Info? I hate to pry, but our whole future depends upon his conditioning...

Something tells me that running a Mosque downtown is not enough. Hakeem will do something more...

------------------

2. Dcab

Dcab Contributing Member

I am curious myself. Does anybody know what he is doing this off-season? What about his breathing problem?

------------------

3. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Just a reminder that regardless of whether or not he retires, his salary will still count against our cap until next year.

My question for the capologists is whether or not we would receive an exemption if he retires. I believe that we would get something around $4mil to sign a replacement.

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Do you mean similar to the one New Jersey got?

They got a 3.8 million dollar exception for Jayson Williams retiring.

------------------
    Kentucky or bust!

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

That's screwed up then b/c they (the NBA) made a big toodoo about NJ applying a year too late.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.