1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BSPN Chris MacMahon: Chris Paul and the pursuit of passing perfection

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is exactly what i was talking about to some co workers last week. I know CP3 and Lebron are two known players that actually study and put into practice how to pass the ball to each of their teammates to the best of each teammates benefit.

That is one of the key attributes that is hard to measure through a stat line. This is what makes CP3 a lot more valuable then most would believe.

2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Guys like Chris Paul are the perfect example of advanced stats over basic counting stats. I've never seen a player put seemingly so little on the box score and have an all time great impact (1st ALL TIME in Win Shares/48).

Chris Paul is everything winning basketball is about, he singlehandedly resurrected two moribund franchises and lifted them to their highest peaks, something that two later first overall picks could not replicate.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is just a nice way of CP3 subtly acknowledging that passes to Ryno have to be IMMACULATE for Ryno to even consider converting it into a shot. CP3 probably spent 20min on this stuff in the past, but playing with Ryno has forced him to go home and pull all-nighters to try and get him involved.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

BSPN is a well deserved name.....I like it

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I bet Harden doesn't care if he makes a perfect pass or not.