1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bryce Drew

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketball, Dec 1, 1999.

Tags:
  1. CaucasionSensation

Most of the time? He's played pretty damned well lately. As far as ballhandling, the guy dribbles more conservatively than most people would like, but it's not horrible. He doesn't carry and cuff like alot of other players. He's simply more conservative. I fail to see how that translates into sucking. Especially when he turns the ball over very little.

2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is no use debating, with someone, whose arguement is that he looks like a 11 year old kid. That alone, shows that the guy either one doesn't know enough about basketball or two is just making personal attacks on a player, for one reason or another.

Caucasion, I am with you on the topic, that Drew does a good job as a backup, with the minutes he gets, between 10-12. I am not saying this guy is an all star, but his role is to come and make some baskets, and that he does.

Hardwood, you know I didn't send you an email, and I am willing to get off your back and as you say and offer you the olive branch. I just won't agree with you on every topic.

Back to Drew, I think sometimes some of you feel that every player team should be an all star, and supporting that player thinks that they should be. I think if you go down the league, there are a lot of faults of every back up point guard on each team. Whether it is defense, offense, turnovers, and so on. As long as the back up can give you good minutes in one category, offense or defense, than that is what you are looking for. Drew comes off the bench, and gives you offense, he has one of the nicest strokes when he shoots. He does his job, maybe not all the time, but as of recent he has.

Go Rockets!!!! Go Hardwood, Peace!!!!!

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Who cares if he doesnt turn the ball over. He sucks!!!! I dont like him. He has NO DEFENSE!!! Nothing.

He better play good tonight. Or I think rudy will go out and trade him !!!

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

HAHAHAH HE BRINGS OFFENSE!!!

That is too funny man..

5. CaucasionSensation

"Who cares if he doesnt turn the ball over. He sucks!!!! I dont like him. He has NO DEFENSE!!! Nothing." - Francis3

Boy how can you argue with such persuasion. If that's your attitude, why should we care to debate with you man. Most of us here are trying to be thoughful and open minded. We are trying to make points with examples, saying stuff like that only makes us feel the wiser.

I don't have any beef with you Francis but those don't seem to be very grounded beliefs.

6. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I think Bryce has been doing much better lately and all of us in the chat room have been cheering him the last few games when he does something good. Of course, we are hypocrites or "bandwagoners" cus we have been all over him prior to this. My point is he has been doing some good things. Even his defense has been better from what I have seen.

My problem is twofold. First, I think he is a two guard. He is for making shots. Secondly, as the point guard he might not screw up real bad but he can't create, doesn't demand any respect from the defense. If he could have some plays for pick and roll, etc., like John Stockton maybe he could make a dent as a point guard or if he could drive just enough to draw the defense then pass off to the open man. But the offense to me just looks rather stagnant when he is in there.

I don't think our team will go very far in the playoffs if we don't get a good veteran back up point guard. Other good teams have one and why should we be any different?

7. CaucasionSensation

There's no reason we shouldn't have a better or more experienced backup point. I hope the Rockets are doing everything in their power to try and get Derek Haper from the Pistons. Has he played a game yet.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rocketball,someone(and I don't remember who now,honestly) sent me that e-mail and I apologize for jumping on the wrong guy.It is true that this is a place to debate and I enjoy it immensely.It is also a place for fellow Rocket fans to share their love for the Rocks and just plain rap.I've been a Rocket fan since they came here and am very passionate about them.It's been a tough season so far but things will get better.Peace to you brother and keep the faith! HH

9. Freak...Ummm, I don't know, maybe do what a point guard is supposed to do and pass the freaking ball. Relook at the tape, there were opps to dish the ball, not just run around the top of the arc till time ran out forcing a crappy shot in crunch time.

Actually, Im not blaming the loss on Drew at all. He didn't do anything that really cost the Rox the game. But the point of the post was to argue the fact that Drew had a good game. Which he absolutely didn't. He didn't do badly, except for one bone head play. He didn't do anything exceptional, except a nice recovery of an errant pass.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Dreamshake, don't forget the clutch pull up 3. If Mobley would've ever passed, I suspect Drew would've had a few more points as well.

I don't know why you keep saying he was dribbling the ball around in crunch time. Garbage time is more like it. The game was out of reach -- there was less than 10 seconds left and we were down 6.