1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bryce as a starter...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lainey, Dec 3, 1999.

1. Lainey

Lainey Member

1-0!!

"Franchise" as a starter: 4-12

Sorry, I couldn't resist. [​IMG]

But he played 36 minutes, 5-8 from the field 3-4 from the arc; had one turnover, and the offense didn't look too stagnant!!! Good game from Bryce. And I'm not looking for a debate, just let it be.

The only bad part of the game was having to listen to Walton since Direct TV had the Clipper feed....although he was all over the Wizard, it was pretty funny.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I love listening to Walton! Anything to get a break from Calvin Murphy. You can only take so much yelling and 'cookie talk'.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I like Calvin,at least he has a sence of humor....two sammiche's,thats funny stuff.

walton make's me ill.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

OH..yea I forgot to say....I nominate Walt as the new whipping boy.

Maybe we could trade him back to portland for cash ?

5. Lainey

Lainey Member

Walton usually makes me really ill, but he was pretty amusing last night...probably because we were winning.

Once of the best lines he had was when they showed Keith Closs (guy with the really big 'fro) sitting onthe bench, and he goes, "Look, it's Artis Gilmore."

He also had a pretty good line about Matt Maloney, wondering "if the Rockets were missing him, and if they were, he was available to be signed, but they probably wouldn't sign him to a big contract! HA HA"

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yeah, I thought it was funny how they seemed to be making fun of the decision to sign Maloney to that long-term deal. Walton said, "I wonder if they miss Maloney", then the other guy said, "Well, he IS still available if they want him back", as if to say, nobody even bothered to pick this scrub up for FREE, and you guys signed him to a 7-yr deal. One of the numerous funny exchanges on the night, I thought.