1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruce Lee fights back from the grave for another Hollywood biopic.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Bruce Lee is a cash cow!!! Looks like another Dragon The Bruce Lee Story all over again, hopefully with better CG... Bring out the nunchaku!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bRyDcB7qQFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...ost-legendary-fight-works-022135673--mma.html

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I know it's his trademark, but the "wooooo" "wachaaaaa" stuff is really annoying.

And dude is ripppped to the bone.

3. Puss In Booty

Puss In Booty Member

Boy, those other guys in that clip REALLY sucked at fighting.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Drunken Monkey style!

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The best documentary I saw about Bruce Lee was one they did just a few years ago I think in 2010. It was interviews with a lot of the close people to him talking about him and his career with movie footage and behind-the-scenes photos/video mixed in, etc. .

The only thing I wish they would do at this point is just make a film about Bruce Lee that is as close to his real life (without all the fiction to pump it up) as they can come but I guess that would be boring to Hollywood without trying to pump it up by taking fictional liberties. I did not like at all the liberties they took in making that fiction "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" movie. They tried to do stuff in there that was ridiculous to pump up a legacy that needed none of that. The story can stand on its own just based on the facts. They changed and distorted the timeline and facts in that movie. I don't know why Linda even bothered associating/consulting on that film.

1 person likes this.
  7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

This was the original UFC 1.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The problem with trying to do anything with the Bruce Lee - Wong Jack Man fight is noone agrees on what happened at the fight, who won the fight, etc. . There were only a few people at the fight (like less than 10 is what has been said) and noone can agree on the exact number depending on who is giving the account. There were two people there with Bruce and Linda was one of them. Only three witness are known to be alive and one is Wong Jack Man, another person who was there that supports Wong Jack Man's version, and Linda Lee who tells a version that differs drastically between what the other two claim...starting with the time the fight lasted. Linda says it lasted 3 minutes and Bruce easily won. The other two claim the fight lasted more like around 25 minutes. Many say Linda's version cannot be trusted because she is no expert and lacks objectivity due to being his wife. Others say Wong Jack Man started inflating his account drastically especially after Bruce died even going so far as to claim he won the fight. Others say the fight was a draw. Wong Jack Man claims the fight started with Lee trying to gouge his eyes when the men were supposed to shake hands at the start and he got a cut above his eye from it. lol. What is known is the fight made Bruce change his style because he tired going after the guy and ended up hitting the back of this guy's head with shots because the guy was running away from him. The only time Bruce ever mentioned it was in a single interview that was all of three sentences where he talks about hitting the guy in the back of the head and his hands swelling up from it. Everyone else who was at the fight is deceased.

So, while I understand this is not going to be a definitive account, how do they propose tackling something where the stories are so far apart like that? Good luck with that. It will be fiction when it is done. The fight itself might as well be a fairy tale.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Wong Jack Man is a biotch!!! Hollywood is going to turn this into a buddy action movie, lol...