1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brown assistant Mike Woodson on 610 at 8

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Free Agent, May 27, 2003.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Just heard Lance say that Mike Woodson would be on the 610 morning show during the 8am hour.

2. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

They just mentioned he would be on at 8:07 to be exact.

3. B

B Contributing Member

He is on right now.

B

4. cson

cson Contributing Member

Is that the Rocket Mike Woodson? What did he say?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on guys, what did he say, please let those of us that are not in Houston in on the interview.

DD

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He just pumped up Larry Brown a lot. I guess he was an assistant under him. He talked about how he got into coaching. Woodson is interviewing for the Toronto head job and he says if that didn't work out, Brown promised him an assistant spot with him and he would accept it no matter where Brown ends up. He talked about how much he has learned from Brown. He sounds like he really wants to coach in Houston...under Brown.

Pretty sharp guy. If Brown comes here, maybe he can groom Woodson to eventually take his place. Works for me.

7. B

B Contributing Member

Woodson basically said Brown likes to teach and if any players in the league don't like it, then they have a problem. He also thinks Brown will be a good fit for the Rockets, as well as pretty much any team in the league. He didn't say anything new from what he was quoted as saying on Monday.

I hope he doesn't get the Toronto job and is an assistant under Larry Brown in Houston. :D

B

8. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

This sounds pretty good. I wouldn't mind having both of those coaches guiding the Rockets. One is real inthused about the idea, and the other is one of the best teachers in the NBA.

You really can't go wrong!

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yea - but can he work a video machine?

<font size="1">Sorry - I couldn't resist</font>

10. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

That job is reserved for Larry Smith the video editor, not NBA assistant coaches! :D

11. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

I remember Woodson to be a smart player in his playing days. Not a great player but a good player with smart and no bonehead play. He should know a few things about coaching. I would put him ahead of other former players like Larry Smith or Calvin Murphy.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think it would work out wonderfully. Have brown come in for a few years, grooming Woodson to take over when he's ready to move on, again.

13. SLA

SLA Member

Woodson is one of Brown's top assistants. He played for the Rockets when he was a player. He lives in Houston. He plays golf in Houston. He is smart......he has really improved and developed as a coach. And hopefully he can influence Brown to come here.

14. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

His family lives in Katy also.

15. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

He said he had not even talked to Brown since he quit so I don't know how much influence he would have. I think Brown knows what he wants already.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I was in Academy shooting baskets one day when Woodson happened to come in. This was back when he was with the Rockets. He started firing up a few jumpers. Not that impressive.