1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brown a Tad upset, fires shots at Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

[​IMG]

Hey Chuck, I would have been happy if you had at least "fake hustled" on this play...you POS.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I agree with JR

For as professional as these guys are, they show surprisingly little tact at times. The media's job is to provoke and prod and bend the truth. Everyone understands this.

By responding in kind (so often), our FO comes off as petty and insecure.

Who exactly are they trying to convince? The Rockets fans that already support you? The media consuming non-partisan fans?

It is stupid and truly only hurts you

3. Nook

Nook Member

Where were all these tweets when they got blasted by 40 in game 1?

Where were these tweets when they were throttled by the Warriors without Curry in game 2?

Seriously, the arrogance by the front office needs to be taken back a few steps. You are coming off a 41-41 season, you have had two head coaches, a star that checked out in December and are DOWN 2-1 in a series that SA would be up 2-1 or 3-0. Just shut your mouth, get your coach, take care of your business and work on being better than mediocre.

2 people like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Unfortunately he was the only reason we were able to get past Seattle after our rings. But then we could not get past Utah.

5. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

You're right, Rockets should continue to sit back and get dogged on by the media. How dare he try to defend the team.

1 person likes this.
  6. seeingred

seeingred Member

i like it. take a couple shots on our way down. I'm good with Tad's tweets - the guy doesn't say much and clearly Barkley hit a nerve with him. And Morey - right on. Bogut and Green are dirty and their games would be greatly diminished if the refs saw/called all their holds, grabs, illegal screens, etc. They use the Pete Carroll/George Karl theory -

1. we'll break the rule every single play (pass interference in football, illegal defense in the 90s, illegal screens/grabs and holds now)
    2. the refs won't call it every single play - they hate putting themselves in the game. especially a playoff game.
    3. the few times they do call it will be outweighed by the 95% of plays we get away with it.
    4. Repeat until league changes "points of emphasis"

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly!

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This entire organization is a ****ing embarrassment. Fans can say this, but the CEO of an organization should be above it.

9. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

because, if the broadcasters on the tv network that airs nba games tells the entire national audience that game 5-7 is not necessary, or that its not worth paying attention to the team, there are big business implications when you're trying to sell games 3 & 4 (and beyond).

when you're in charge of the brand and you have one of the more influential people in the NBA constantly slandering your team, it significantly affects the brand.

charles is f***ing with the rockets brand because of a grudge and hes been doing so unchecked.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Tad Brown is white :eek: :confused:

Dude has a soulful voice.

This

We don't need a bunch of back and forth, but a couple of return shots are healthy

#30 Houstunna, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I like Morey and Tad sticking up for our guys. Oh well, I guess that's an unpopular opinion out here.

1 person likes this.
  12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Fixed for Rockets truth! ;)

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Rockets org only looks worse when they do this childish crap

14. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I agree with this man. No reason to get in a verbal war with Barkley, he owns the post game shows, all this did was open it up for him to totally bash us no matter what (even more than usual).

If you really wanna shut him up, just win.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

First take are clowns lol, we all know this though.

Stephen A basically said that Tad Brown can't say anything about Charles Barkley because Tad Brown hasn't won a championship.

Skip is like "Well, Charles didn't win either."

SAS: Who's Tad brown compared to Charles Barkley?

So Skip mentions his playing career which is modest and SAS just bursts out laughing.

I guess the irony is missed on him. That his (SAS) job calls on him to talk down on many players including the Rockets and what has he, Stephen A done on the court? What gives him the right to talk down on ANY NBA player when he failed to make the league?

It's so stupid.

16. Fantasma Negro

This would be cooler if it was for a game 7. I don't understand why Thaddeus and Daryl are talking so much, we won one game without Curry playing. The sweep is over but we could still get beat, Brewer might put it on J.B proper tonight and get the nod at starting pf and we'll get dusted again. Cautious optimism should be the practice in these situations

17. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I think if Les wants to squash the beef, all he has to do is donate $1 million to Chuck's favorite c̶a̶s̶i̶n̶o̶ charity.

18. Fantasma Negro

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ivWiKr5b1jM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was the worse trade in the history of the Rockets
    Raped our future for an attempt of a quick fix .. .that did not need fixing

Rocket River

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Speaking of this thread title, what happened to Carl Herrera? Feel like I haven't seen/heard from that dude in a while around here.